Treestand comfort

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ruck139, Oct 7, 2016.

1. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Need opinions on climbing treestands, specifically seat comfort. I have always used Loggy Bayou, but man they are just uncomfortable. I have multiple herniated discs, and sitting in a Loggy for long periods is terrible, I just can't tough it out anymore. My back is begging me for a new stand. So who has the nicest seat? My spine thanks you for your opinions.

2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Summit is a comfy sit

3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My summit climber was comfortable to a degree. If I got it set up just right.
    I switched to a M100U with sticks and will never go back. Recliner comfortable!

4. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt out of a old Tree Lounge climber. Can sleep all day up there.

5. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Summit for me. I too have had back problems and two surgeries. I spend about 12 full day sits in the Summit every year.

6. strapassassin93

strapassassin93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Either summit or ol man. They're both very easy on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That M100U does look comfy and the seat being angled up is exactly what I need, raising the legs takes the pressure off the low back. I need a climber though, I'm too broken down to even attempt sticks and hanging a stand each morning. :(

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You must have missed the part about the guy having a bad back. It might be comfortable but it weighs like 50# :) .

I have had two back surgeries and still have problems. But to me the trade off of sitting in comfort vs packing is a tough one. I hate packing Summit stands, I just do. I much prefer how my Lone Wolf (both handclimber and Sit & Climb wide) packs up and carries nice and tight to your back. If you have a short walk this isn't an issue. But if you walk any distance or over rough terrain that becomes an issue. At least to me. I have had 2 Summit stands but sold them both.

9. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a Summit Razor SS and I love it. It's not to heavy for packing in and out and the seat is really thick and also has a nice padded back rest.

10. alfarah50

alfarah50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Millennium m100/150 are easily the comfiest stands out (besides the old tree lounge lol). I can sit in the stand all day its pretty much a recliner. I hang sticks or screw ins and leave the stand year round. I change straps yearly.

11. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    @ coop, stand weight is not an issue for me, I retrofit one of those military packs with the waist belt onto all my stands and it takes the weight off the shoulders and onto the hips. Try one, guaranteed you love it, I think it's called an Alice pack? You just attach the waist belt and shoulder straps to the bottom of your stand. It may take a bit of trial and error, but once you get it set up correctly for your body, it's awesome. You just pull the waist belt tight so it carries the load, and then snug the shoulder straps just enough so the stand stays tight to your back. It's the sitting that kills me. After yesterday's sit I am all but crippled today, can barely move much less hunt.
    @ alfarah50, where I hunt you can't leave a stand unless you want to donate it to one of the many trespassing thieves.

12. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With bow stand and add ons my Tree Lounge weighs 38 lbs. It will climb a power pole and you can sleep in it. It has never slip down, I do not have straps or cables to worry about. Mine is one of the first ones made and I gave one to each of the boys. They buy and trade other stands but when it comes to a all day sit,,, the lounge will be on the tree. If ruck139 is close to Kansas he can come try it out.

13. meatseeker

meatseeker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Summit is good.

14. sig239

sig239 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My summit is extremely comfortable.

15. rajela

rajela Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Old man make a comfortable climber. They are a little heavy but they set good. The older ones are better then the new models but the new ones are still very solid.

16. kentuckybuck

kentuckybuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hands down Summit in my opinion. I think I could sleep in mine during the night and just set alarm before daylight, ha. I'm sure there are other good ones, but just couldn't imagine anything beating my Summit Goliath.

17. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a bad back and can't find anything more comfortable than the net seat on my Ol Man climber. Bring some sort of cushion for your back against the tree and you can't beat it.