*** 21 Jump String - Team 21***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Evilstuff, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As of the scorecard we are in 6th place so that's not bad considering its this early in the seasons we have as good a chance as any

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    oh yeah, sixth place is just fine. I was just surprised that team 2 had such a wide spread on everyone. The rest of the pack is at least close to each other. But all we need is a couple of those bucks posted here in the pics!

3. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well as for my situation, all seems to be going okay with healing up. The only bothersome thing is the back of my knee cramping up all the time and feeling like it's going to snap. So I gimp around for awhile and it relaxes. Otherwise I feel great and the pain I had before is gone.
    Looking forward to healing up and getting out there with you guys and contributing some points. The other bummer is that I never made it out to put up cameras trim lanes, etc. I'll be going in blind hopefully early Nov.

Good luck to everyone else !

4. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Jeffery! I'm hoping to get a crack at one this weekend. My wife has been on my a$$ to get some meat in the freezer!

5. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys I put that hang on in by the persimmons and it paid off good it was only there 2 days so it's definitely a testament that if u ever have to make adjustments at a spot due to good observation do it. It was a windy day when I set that stand up and it was windy yesterday the SE wind did it she never knew I was there and afterwards 2 youngsters came in it was a great hunt. You will get one soon just think about what your wife is gonna do to u if u don't man that's good that she enjoys the meat my wife only cares for the jerky!!!

6. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been waiting on a North wind and we will finally get it this weekend. I'll mostly be nanny hunting unless one of the big boys I've been waiting for shows up on cam. Really trying to hold out for a 150"+ this year.

7. PaBowhunter

PaBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe Jeffrey!! That's Awesome.

8. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Need help fellas, I have this rub line that's really fresh, I've shot at a monster buck in there and I'm 90% positive it's him making these rubs. My issue is there are no trees to put my stand in big enough, and it's really thick right behind all these rubs. What's some of you best course of action to get this buck? Wait for the wind? On the other hand that field in front of those rubs is all briar bushes and thorns with 2 ridges right in the middle. The far right side I have a stand but it's all the way on the north side and narrows my ability drastically. I'm hesitant to put a blind up but I will if need be. A north west wind is my best option but any advice is appreciated. I'm curious if he's rubbing the south side of his boundary and he beds in the thick? This is public land as well.

Attached Files:

9. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    These are just a few of the rubs I logged. There are tons more right along that line

10. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just a couple, like I said there are at least 20 of them throughout there

Attached Files:

11. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I get in there asap with the ground blind but not too aggressive where ever those trees are that are big enough I'd be looking for a good spot close to them to brush in the blind just don't get to close to his bed hunt the perimeter

12. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Jeffery when he says getting in there right away with a ground blind but I would set it up and not hunt it for a while. The deer up here anyway need time to get used to them.

Is there a spot you can get a trail cam hung without pushing him out? If he's just moving at night you may want to wait a bit.

13. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's the issue, the only time I've seen him is literally 5 minutes before I was out of light which heck is all I really need and then about 30 min after dark. I haven't gotten my cameras hung there yet just cause I wanted to map out the area first once i found the rubs. Putting a blind up is my next move. It's hard to explain because the rub line is up against a down slope so it's going to be difficult to get In there. What's the best time I think I should head In to put the blind up?

14. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about there but here the bucks are still nocturnal I did see a buck this morning omw to work that was 730 in an open field a pretty careless buck imo not pressured. I think with public land there is always the pressure factor deer are being bumped etc so best time would be a windy day not to windy but enough where your noise levels wouldn't matter around noon to 2:00 no later.

15. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to the stand fellas good luck to everybody getting out this will be my second evening hunt at the Ridge

16. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Well no sightings tonight but it was a good card pull imo. The bucks are back and it's lookin like we may be in for an early Rut because last season they didn't show up until late October and it's only the 9th. As far as I can tell the big 8 is back and bigger so I'm thinking he is a solid 5 year old and he is officially on my hitlist [​IMG]
    He showed up this morning at 241 am and I'm hoping that he will stick around so I can put an arrow in him. The next buck is a 10 point as far as I can tell and he is also on my hitlist but I would really like to see more of him because he just looks like a 3 1/2 year old with some major potential the only way to say is when he comes into the stand and I'm sitting in it will he get an arrow I wanna see him in person.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I also have a young 8 point with potential that will certainly get a pass but he looks good!!!
    This has been one of my better pulls and I think it is all due to my mock scrape which is 5 feet behind that the tree in the photos. And the mineral site. I am definitely excited to get on one of the shooters!!!

17. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good looking buck man I hope you get him!

18. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No luck over the weekend for me. Passed on small bucks and a couple fawns. Momma stayed out of range.
    My #1 hit lister was killed Saturday evening by my lease buddy. 6 yr old with lots of history and grossed 158 3/8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  19. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What a stud! Grats to him.

This weekend was a bust... our coyote problem has grown.. have a video of 7 running our woods. but at the same time, we have a nice 8 point walking through at night. Our plan is to hunt the yotes this weekend, and hopefully thin them out before the rut starts.

GL guys, i'll be back at it Friday night.

20. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great buck well at least one of you was able to tag that stud he is a dandy an congrats to your friend buck of a lifetime!!