Scent Killer

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Hoytman62, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Hoytman62

Hoytman62 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are so many Deer Scent Killer sprays on the market, like. Scent Killer Gold and so on. Is there one that out does the others or are they all alike, none better than the other? Do they really work?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. PolarBoy

PolarBoy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use Scent Killer Gold. Of course wind dictates everything, but I have gotten away with a few down wind deer encounters when I was using it. No way to verify that it was the actual scent killer that saved me, but it was enough for me to keep using it, body wash and all.

3. DrSnake

DrSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are all pretty good at this point. Go with what is on sale.

4. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tend to stick with the tried and true like primos instead of the latest new thing. But of the tried and true, they're all prob just as effective.

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using Dead Down Wind for 4 years now. It works really well for me. I tested it by rubbing vinegar in the back of my hand and letting it dry. Then I sprayed that area with their Scent elimination spray. I was sold! Their Scent free deodorant is Second to NONE! Their scent free oil is great too. As you know, scent elimination is a process or system. Dead Down Wind's products work well alone or as a system.

6. emgepi

emgepi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Scent Killer.

7. spanod374

spanod374 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried scent killer, dead down wind, scent away.m, ect. This year I'm trying upwind scent control. Upwind has been in the medical field for years. It's used to control the scent folks with colostomy bags after a surgery.

So far so good. I've had 2-3 deer down wind of me and never got winded. I was also using an ozonics machine to be far.

8. cjmuratore

cjmuratore Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Take a sweaty hat and spray dead downwind on the brim and the sweat scent is gone. Even when it dries its a big improvement. Repeat a couple times and its like you washed the hat in scent free soap.

9. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've used several different scent killing sprays over the years and I figure they all are pretty similar. Last year I used scent killer gold
    and I have no complaints. Dead down wind spray was on sale the other day so that's what I'm using this year. I've only got to hunt once so far, but I had 2 nice young 8pts come straight downwind of me and walk directly underneath my tree without a care in the world, so I would say it's doing its job but there is a lot more that goes into it than just spraying yourself with scent killer. I always shower using some kind of scent free soap/shampoo the day I'm going to hunt, keep my hunting clothes(scentlok) in a duffle bag, and after changing clothes in the field, spray down from head to toe.

10. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use scent away with good results but I've also used other brands with no complaints. Friends swear by Dead Down Wind claiming it's the best one out there.