***Alternate Threat From Above - TEAM 28***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Bone Head Hunter, Sep 13, 2016.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got a work call at 3 AM this morning. I was pissed because I was woke up, but as soon as I started filling out my log report and saw the date I became even more pissed. I should be getting ready for hunting instead of this crap. but I have to make that easy money. good luck to all of you hunting this wonderful day. try and provide us poor saps some updates. its the only joy we are sure to have today.

2. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen 6 this morning. None close enough. Gonna sit for another half an hour and call it a morning.

3. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This morning's report.. 7 does and 1 spike. Wanted to shoot a yearling doe and it bit me, waited for the right shot and got busted by the old matriarch as I went to draw.. Them witches got eyes in the back of their head!

4. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw one spike at 30 yards but passed. I can't ever get myself to shoot a spike.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tonight's set drew a blank. Thank goodness I had a therma cell cause the skeeters were terrible!

Worse part was the walk out --- they hammered me in the short 20 minute walk.

6. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's official. I will be working Thursday night and after sleeping a little I will go out for a mid morning sit. My first of the year. My main goal is to scout a little and still hunt. I'm looking for the bucks domain. 2 years back we got on camera the most magnificent buck I've ever seen. He had junk growing every direction and was at least a 16 pointer. He only showed up once at night, but I'm pretty confident no one has shot him. He would be News worthy especially with social media. I have a feeling if he's going to visit the property he's going to do it in the east part of the property. We don't really set up there because I've gotten lost several times in the past trying to find my stand. It's just so overgrown. If I se lots of rubs I'm setting up there next week. I know not to set up and leave my gear anywhere near a mature bucks domain. It doesn't take much to run a mature buck away. The godly buck has hunted my dreams and I can only imagine what he will look like today 2 years later. Needless to say we would only need to shoot a few does to win the contest if he falls beneath my feet. Insert evil laugh. So Friday I'll drop off the kids and go straight out from there. Normally the deer don't start moving until 8:30 , 9 in my woods so I should have plenty of time to reach my 2 man

7. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going to roll out this evening after work and sit in a observation stand over a bean field at the family farm.

I need to pin point where they are entering the field so I can get another ground blind setup for the wifey...

Here is a topo of the farm and stand sets I have ready so far.

[​IMG]

8. Duece Ranch

Duece Ranch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It looks as though you are mostly on the ridge tops, is a there a reason why you would not put a few in the valleys

9. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Years of hunting this farm have shown me where to place stands have the highest percentage of sightings... some are low ,but I could always have more ;-)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  10. T FERG

T FERG Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like some nice ground bonehead. i like hunting high too less wind swirl and have seen more deer higher than lower.

11. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 4 does on Sunday. Cold front coming through this weekend. Won't be back out til then...as it's been in the high 70's. Good luck everyone

12. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out Saturday morning to sit in one of my favorite stands for early season.... Hopefully i have a close encounter!

13. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  14. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I've been swamped with trying to get my family moved up to TN. Thankfully I found 5 acres I can hunt, which is an island of woods between a corn and a soybean field. The owner says he sees 5-10 deer every morning, so I'm looking forward to hunting it. Sadly, I'm waiting on my birth certificate to get my hunting license up here. It will be another week;-(

15. Duece Ranch

Duece Ranch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just drove 1050 miles Texas to Ky, I'll be sitting in the blind tomorrow,!
    Stay tuned

16. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading to Walmart to get dryer sheets for hunting clothes because I have work tonight but should only last 30 minutes. My wife is in KC overnight so my mom is spending the night to watch kids while I work. She has offered to take kids to school tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get home at 1:00am hit the sack and then get up and get my butt to my stand for the first sit of the year.

17. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a hell of a deal! Unfortunately, I shoot a heavier 9.5gpi arrow, so I can't partake.

18. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Change of plans... Daughter called last night and asked if daddy would take her hunting... Of course was the answer.. I thought I was going to be hunting our farm out of my favorite stand.. But last minute work obligations has the SIL and wife out of the game tomorrow.. so now it is off to the river bottom lease with my baby girl... Sunday I'll hit the farm.

Good luck guys. Be safe!

19. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Knock one down Shane!

20. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Well I should have expected what would happen during my maintenance last night. I didn't get home until 3:30, so hunting didn't happen. I have my son all day do to school being out. Thinking about taking him with me so I can check cameras