Show suggestion

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Hillbilly Jedi, May 23, 2016.

1. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't agree more. I'm in eastern NY on the southern tip of the Adirondacks. Complete different ball game out here. I love the shows but I actually have to catch myself and say to myself "don't think about doing that". Same as when I watch the Outdoor Channel or Sportsman Channel.

Good luck sitting on a field edge in my area. Complete waste of time.

But again the show is incredible!!!

2. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    It's a slow and steady process, but we are working on bringing on new members from different areas in the country. This year we brought on a new member from Texas (Tyler Barron). When the right candidate, with good quality footage comes along through the application process we will continue to add them to our team. The goal in the future would be to have as much of the country covered as possible. Maybe the Upstate New York representative for BHOD could be you!

3. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully you will be adding an Alabama team member next year :tu:

4. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't imagine hunting in T-Shirt weather! Would be cool to see!

5. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One day I'll have to put all of my film together I've gotten over the last few years. I'll have to spend more time in front of the camera and less time behind it! Getting the old lady's first bow kill on film is the primary goal for this year (maybe second to a nice mainframe 12 I've had on cam since last year), praying that she can stick one in one of my food plots in the early season :bow:

6. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! We want to hear the good and the bad from everyone. you cant get better if you don't know areas to improve on!

7. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
  8. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I remember a hunt in November last year that I literally walked to the stand in my boxers, climber up, and got dressed about 30 minutes later... It was something to see lol:bhod:

9. Billy Pulsifer

Billy Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep!!! I grew up in the Adirondacks, a deer over 120 is rare without tons of work. Even then there is less than 1.5 deer per square mile opposed to the finger lakes where there's over 14 per square mile and big ones at that!!

This is by far my favorite series Internet or television. It carries some of the most real hunting scenarios of its time. Not to mention the super down to earth staff. Dean for is one of my favorites to watch. It just all comes together very fluid and complete. BHOD don't change A THING!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. DV1

DV1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone has different tastes, and some people are creatures of habit. Me, I like Heartland Bowhunter a lot, and I like this web show a lot, I would throw Midwest Whitetails new show, Chasing November right up there too and say those are my 3 favorites. I like a little variety, was never the kind of guy that could eat the same thing for lunch every day either.

I started doing the video taping hunts thing in 1999, spent tons of money on the good stuff at the time, 2 Canon GL2's, fancy mics and accessories, Adobe Premier 6.5, new computers, etc. Did it hard core until about 2006 then just burned out. It's much tougher to achieve, and maintain the level these guys are at than most people realize. It was too tough for me and my brothers, that's for sure. I have a lot of respect for what they are doing, even if it isn't exactly what I want to see every time.

Keep up the good work!

11. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like heartland bowhunter as well but this show is by far my favorite. Why?because all of these guys are ordinary people yet they do this for a living you can message any of them on Facebook or the forum and get a reply within 24 hours with an answer or be able to just have a conversation. that is why I love this show I can connect with them better. with my dream of becoming a prostaffer that is important to me to connect with the people that are on that level.

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My suggestion to find a way to stop the commercials on the Roku from popping up mid sentence. By the time the commercial is over I forget what you all were even talking about LOL.

13. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They do, just not all the time. I had a trophy photo on there this year from turkey season and they mentioned the state. I would like to see what kind of bow they were all taken with to.

14. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty new to the site....but...
    Product reviews in real world conditions ? Like those blood tracking lights or ???

15. 1077west

1077west Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Brand new to the site. First day, first post, been watching episodes on the Roku for a couple years.

Suggestion: So far this season, seen it at least twice in the latest episodes, where guys are affixing tags to deer with bloodied up hands....gotta assume from gutting. Sleeves rolled up, one arm more bloody than the other (non-knife hand). I know here in WI it is law to tag yer deer first. Personally I don't care, but if a warden wanted to be by the book, you'd get a ticket. Either gut the deer first or don't film the tagging with bloody hands.

Suggestion: show a graphic of the area you're hunting. Not a topo or anything that would give away an exact location, (some typos have been used before) but even a hand drawn sketch, wind direction, anticipated deer movement directions, direction of stand entry, so a viewer could just get an understanding as these guys head to the stand. This may have been done some. More would be awesome. The In-Fishermen guys did an amazing job of spelling out what they were doing with 2D graphics in their videos.

Just a couple tidbits from a former bowhunter who loves the show.

Thanks!

16. 1077west

1077west Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I have to agree with the above comments on the new commercials now. Roku blasts ya with a new commercial if you press pause and go take a leak and come back to the TV. Sometimes the same one.....twice.

Like a lot of hunting shows, it was already somewhat of an infomercial with A LOT of strategic product placement throughout......before this new wave of commercials. And, a lot of the segments.......yes, they do detail new products or sponsors, but they're a mini-infomercial, too. BHoD seems to have become a lot of talking and a lot of infomercial. The explanations and the back story on things is what makes the show great. It just think its wandered too far into plugs for sponsors and commentary.

Don't get me wrong, the show is still great. As a veteran bowhunter who has been out of the game for 6-7 years, its been a nice glimpse back inside the sport I loved. Its very entertaining and informative, and I will continue to watch.

Thanks for a great show. Just some suggestions.

-Eric

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting - I never realized that. I'll have our programmers take a look and see what's up. I wouldn't think it should do that.

Thanks for the feedback. Believe it or not we do take these things into consideration when deciding on what to include or not include in future episodes.

In some cases, not all but some, we include some additional product placement or talks about products simply because we don't have a lot of "hunting" related content for that week. The bad part about our show is that we have to find something to fill time every week once the season starts. I personally went out 3 times this weekend and filmed exactly zero deer. So the option becomes talk about some product - maybe teach something to someone - or show a bunch of leaves blowing or rain drops falling. Some shows go with the rain drops falling filmed from a $20,000 camera using a bunch of fancy equipment. We prefer to "talk shop" so to speak.

All good points though!

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    This is straight from the WI DNR regulations for this year.
    Technically you don't need to attached the tag until you leave the carcass. In both cases the carcass was never left. I actually read the rules on my phone when Tommy shot his doe to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
    We do this when time permits - the problem is motion graphics take a fair amount of time to put together and our poor editor doesn't have that luxury on most weeks. We certainly try when we can!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  19. bj548807

bj548807 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'd really like to see more tips and how to's. I used to love the show Mathews Dominate Bucks with Stan Pots. I learned so much.

20. Ironman10

Ironman10 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My show suggestions consist of me saying, just keep on doing what your are doing! Love the show and been on a season 1-6 binge watching session for the last 2 weeks. Gotta get caught up!