Finally After 8 Years...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Flatstatehunter, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It pretty much means exactly what it says.
    I Truly am happy for the guy. I'm not trying to be a ****, but it is what it is.
    This happens every year where new people come on the forum during hunting season when they kill a Buck, looking for more pats on the shoulder, more congrats and more "atta boys". Once they come down from their high and they've gotten enough attention, they are never seen again on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Flatstatehunter

Flatstatehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wasn't going to say anything but felt like I should now. I'm sorry you feel this way and are kind of an a$$ but not every body including myself has a reply to every post on this website. I am currently going through graduate school and have many other priorities that outweigh posting to a forum. I thought that this would be a great first post because in the beginning I wasn't sure what to post. Many new people are afraid to post because they know people like you are on these forums and don't think twice of what they say, which discourages a lot of people. I hope to become an established member but out of curiosity, what is wrong with people coming and going? Are you just that arrogant that you cant just congratulate and let someone feel good regardless of what happens after? I hope not to make enemies but with your post it kind of rub me the wrong way. I hope you have a great day.

3. Flatstatehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you all for the positive feedback I know this one will be hard to beat. To those asking what flat state (In Early and Shocker 99) its the great state of Kansas.

4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First off, I truly meant it when I said I am happy for you and congratulations. it is well deserved!
    I'm not trying to make enemies either but,

I do think before I post on these forums. And if you were really a "long time reader" like you said you were, then you would know that this forum is much different than all the other forums. New People who come on here do not get bashed for asking questions. If they do (which rarely happens) it is all in good fun and usually the bashing and heckling gets directed towards a long time member, like myself. I'm constantly picked on in this forum.

I am the farthest thing from arrogant. I am a very humbled man.
    Do I think I know it all? Hell no.
    Am I the forum police? No.
    Am I a unicorn? No.
    Was I out of line for my comment? Possibly.

I think it would be great if you stick around, I'm actually glad you responded to my post.
    Hope your nail another one this season!

5. Flatstatehunter

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate your honesty, however, I am a long time reader and watcher of the bowhunting.com website. I guess I haven't paid close attention to who's picking on who new or not but many new people have the notion that what they post may be criticized. Regardless of the forum their are individuals who speak their mind and in some cases it can be bothersome to the initial poster. I am all for saying what you want but for me I would rather not "put down" someone especially on their first post but that's me. The first post you made me think, "should I have even posted this?," because I couldn't get away from the negativity of the comment even though you did congratulate me.

Aside from that I also appreciate an up front person so thank you for that.

I hope to harvest a doe so my freezer is really full to last all of next year. Now that I have taken a deer so early I can focus on some waterfowl hunting come the end of October. It has been a while since I have been able to really dedicate time to waterfowl due to school and deer hunting.

I wish you all the luck in your season.

Thanks

6. flopdrop

flopdrop Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on an awesome Big Buck!!!!

7. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow what a beauty! Congrats, and welcome to the forum!

8. Deerhunter 28

Deerhunter 28 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There is always DRAMA!!!!!
    OP
    Awesome deer!!!!!

Hope you post many more in the years to come.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I could shoot a buck like that just one time over three lifetimes, I'd be happy.