2 goals met!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by killer chill-r, Oct 3, 2016.

1. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys didn't mean to get anybody upset. I didn't know there was difference in shooting a pig in the head with a bow or rifle. With a head shot It's an instant death with what ever you chose to shoot. Is there a way to remove it? If there is I'll take it down.

Again sorry didn't mean to upset anybody.

2. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me, I'm all for removing hogs. They are indeed a nuisance, they are a non native invasive and need removed. I'll kill them every chance I get. Hog removal is good management.
    With that said, any bad shot makes me feel terrible, and that is a terrible shot with a bow, and to brag about it makes it worse

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think you owe an apology, you made a quick kill. If shooting pigs in the face is effective and legal, have at it. Just do not go bragging about it outside of the hunting community. Non-hunters would not understand and probably be offended by it. I have shot animals in the head. I just don't take pictures of it and put them on social media for the world to see.

Non-hunters will not understand and think less of you. Save the details for people you know won't be bothered by it.

I heart shot a doe Saturday and shared pictures of what the broadhead did to the heart with family and friends that are hunters. But, I am not putting that on Facebook. It is not about what you did or how you shot the pig. It is about being conscientious about how that will look to people who do not hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  4. killer chill-r

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I went back & looked closer the picture & your right it's a terrible shot. About a 1/4" low. I should be practicing not posting.

5. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    That's cute. Just because it was a successful shot does not make it a good shot. Bet if that arrow had hit even a tiny bit off, and it had glanced instead of penetrating, or if you had broken a jaw, stuck it through the snout, etc that you wouldn't be quite so happy.

6. killer chill-r

Dislikes Received:
    So your saying you wouldn't even take that shot with a rifle? Because every pig I've shot up till these Ive take either with my .17hmr, .22lr, .22 mag or my .25 cal air rifle shooting them in the exact same spot.

7. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda comparing apples and oranges now, but to answer your question, yes I'll take certain head shots at pigs with a rifle. The risk is less with a rifle, and the chances of a follow up, if needed, are greater.
    I'm also not a fan of neck shots with a bow, but will take them with an appropriate rifle.

I'll say just because one can, doesn't mean one should.

I'll give you a electronic high 5 for killing pigs, but I'll not agree with the shot

8. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's comparing apples and oranges. Shooting an animal with a gun and a bow... and you know that? Would you shoot at a deer 400 yards away with a bow? I understand there are certain circumstances for things to be used but to sit and issue an apology and then try to justify what you did??? I don't get it. After the apology I felt I may had been too rough on you but then you came back with this crap and NOPE, I don't. You're trying to justify shooting a pig in the face whilet spotlighthing it with a light around your leg and feel like it's ok...... and to me, it's not. If it was an accident I could understand but you're still bragging about it which means you aren't out there to take the animal in the most reasonable way possible....Just my opinion.

9. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Think this is bad has anyone seen the video getting around on Facebook of a group of wild pigs being blown up at a feeding trough? Pigs were either obliterated or I saw a couple launch 40-50 some feet in the air. Now that is just wrong.

10. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a very passionate hunter and the one thing I try to do on every chance I get to draw back on an animal is to make an ethical shot. I don't care how much the animal is a nuisance or whatever. An animal is an animal to me and for you to go and shoot it in the head to me is just very un-ethical. I'm sorry if you disagree but you to me sir are not a bowhunter.

11. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They hunt these pigs out of helicopters... At night... With spotlights.

Talk about unethical.

12. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im guessing this was a shot that went wrong and he mistakenly hit it in the head but is trolling to rile folks up with what everybody knows is a bad choice for bowhunters.

13. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, it is exactly about what he did and what shot he chose to take. A head shot with an arrow is not an ethical shot. The likelihood of a bad outcome is very high. For the OP to even compare a rifle shot to an arrow shows his complete lack of understanding. I guess that explains why he thinks its appropriate to celebrate the shot and further make sarcastic remarks about his poor judgment. How many times do we have to see news of an animal running around with an arrow sticking out of its head before even the dimmest of bulbs realize that its not a shot option with arrows.

14. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is he thought everyone was gonna think he is cool. The wording of his post shows that.

15. bradn4201

Dislikes Received:
    as a cucumber....being used as a dildo....in a dead pig's a$$.... that cool. or like Slater on saved by the Bell dancing.....Same difference to me.

16. DubleTap556

DubleTap556 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lmao!

17. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Winner of the internet for the day. Please pick up your check at the home office.

18. bradn4201

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing most people are too young to get the last reference...man, I'm old!!!

19. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not!
    The "Slater Dance" - YouTube

20. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Biggest thing I take from this is that you are listening to what others are saying as to it being a poor shot. That is a good thing. Learn from this post.

People have to understand that not everyone was taught how to do this. I was always taught to respect every animal. Take a confident shot to kill or don't take it. I don't believe you understood the difference in rifle shot and arrow. Again....just learn from it. Not a big deal. We all make mistakes.

People don't need to hang this person out to dry if he is listening and learning. Great thing about this site is you can learn things.