Climber Trouble

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by rustednuts, Sep 30, 2016.

1. rustednuts

rustednuts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a climber this weekend and was out practicing with it last night. I am having trouble getting the lower platform to lower, it will only go down a couple inches at a time. Any tips?

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of climber? Are you sure you have the base angled with your feet properly to have both the teeth and the cable/belt free so it is not dragging on the tree on your decent? Also are you sure there isn't a strap between the top and base prohibiting the base from lower more than a couple inches? I don't mean to offend, but it's happened.

3. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it is your first experience with a climber I would say that's relatively normal to experience some trouble getting back k down the tree...

Practice as much as possible, and find that sweet spot with your feet where you can pull it away from the tree and angle the platform downward

I can only push mine down so far before my legs are completely straight and my butt is still on the sit bar. Only thing you can do to get the platform further from your butt is lowering the top half as far down as possible before sitting on sit bar. So really your limited to your length of your legs, unless you get really good and don't sit on bar and use your upper body to like hover over top half.

You'll master that rotation of your feet eventually it just takes time

"Couldn't think of a good Signature"

4. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Takes practice with the climber. Last year was my first with a climber and e first 2-3 times I wasn't really smooth.

5. rustednuts

rustednuts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, it seems like the bottom platform was too tight requiring me to severely angle the platform to get it to lower.