***Buck Brothers - Team 23***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Pitman, Aug 15, 2016.

1. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey boys. We are 3rd on the score board and hardly any on the team have been out hunting. Way to go! If everyone can put a doe on the board and about half of us get bucks, even if they aren't huge, we can take this thing. Yes, it's about having fun and the Comraderie of a team, but winning isn't bad either.

2. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

This will be my third year on a team. It would be nice to at least be one the top teams for a change. I've contributed a buck each year so far (knock on wood) nothing huge, both have been in the 130 range. Hopefully I'll be good for another buck this year, hopefully a bigger one. I'm setting my goals higher this season. I feel like I've taken my share of the 3-4 year old bucks that average 120-130 range. This year I'll be passing anything younger than 5 and 140+. This is all subject to change late season of course lol. Good luck out there to those hunting already. I'll be live from the stand Saturday afternoon. Go team!

3. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    I just don't ever see bucks that big in a stand and my hunting time is limited, so anything 8pts and roughly 100"+ is going down! Meat in the freezer and 100 points for the team. I'd love to shoot 130-140 but I've never had one step in front of me in VT and have only seen 2 nontypicals, on stand, that big some 25-30 yrs ago in NJ.

4. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man the days are going slow. The 1st can't come soon enough.

5. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The closer it gets, the slower it goes... I start going a little crazy from now to the 1st. lol

6. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Fellas, I got a couple of does so my contribution to the scorecard is done. I will of course be encouraging everyone and sharing my hunts as the season goes on. I killed a doe last night at 20 yards and another this morning at 30. Saw tons of deer and had a couple of giants walk by at 26 yards; while I had two doe tags in my pocket! I'll post the pics on the scorecard directly, and here are a couple of photos of my doe and goat.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  7. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm talkin about! Congrats! Sounds like you've had an action packed season already.
    Go team!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  8. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job! Done already and a lot of us can't even hunt yet!

9. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, once again!!!! Way to get it done and what a heck of a season for you so far!!! Keep it going!!! :tu:

10. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    JGD
    Those speed goats are a riot to hunt eh! The one I got ran my partner holding the decoy over. Man when there in rut there funny to watch ,they run the females in a circle and you can actually see the dust puff up as the run em! That was in dusty conditions. Congrats to you JGD on your Lope again!
    Rocky

11. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great animals JGD! Looks like a very successful expedition! Hope everyone else is doing well.

My season has taken a turn for the worse. We haven't gotten any bucks on trail cams in the past 2 weeks. Although now we have seen 3 different bears in the areas we hunt so that could be the problem. My general season opener is this weekend so I'll be going out for that. But honestly if we don't see anything this weekend, the rest of the season could be a total bust. We haven't seen any good bucks all year and only had one chance at an ok legal buck the opening weekend 6 weeks ago. But you can't kill em from the couch so we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky and they yahoo's who own the property next to us will screw around enough and run something our way. I'll have my bow and rifle with me so I can hopefully get one with my bow for the team. It will have to be a pretty big buck for me to shoot the rifle but I'll take it anyway.

Hope everyone else's seasons are going well. JGD got off to a great start so hopefully I can add to the success.

12. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes they are. Probably one of my favorite animals to bow hunt. We watched a buck chase a doe out of sight 700 yards away and 15 minutes later here they come from a completely different direction. The doe stopped in the middle of the herd and the buck singled out another doe, cut her out of the herd and away they went. This went on all afternoon. The rut is in full swing and it is really something to see and watch. Antelope are very visible and can actually be watched from many of the highways or interstates in Wyoming right now. Spot and stalk hunts can be really difficult but I like the challenge. I turned 59 last week so I'm not sure how many more of these hunts I'll be able to do. I may have to hunt from a blind which I'm not opposed to but stalking antelope and having them come to a decoy is pretty exciting.

I've been pretty blessed this season and am thankful for every tag I've filled. It started when I called in a big tom this spring and took him at 16 yards. I then shot a 302 lb cinnamon black bear in Canada that scored 18 3/8". This trip to Wyoming was really productive and I couldn't be more thankful for the game I've taken. I've still got Kansas and Oklahoma tags but if neither of those gets filled, I've had a great season already. Looking forward to hunting the rut.

Come on boys, we can win this thing. Does, does, does... rack'em up and it will make a huge difference.

13. joe_bow

joe_bow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome antelope!

14. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Nice hunt JGD! Hard for me to write this today as I should be heading toward wyoming to film dustins elk hunt and I was not able to make it work. I have been looking forward to it for the past year but between work, family , money and Averys JFL football I just couldnt pull it off. Growing up is a hard thing to deal with at times.

Anyways I have been crazy busy but I have been checking the forums when I get a chance. Congrats to everyone on the kills. Does always when this thing so make sure If you get a nice easy chip shot on one you take it.

As far as my season goes so far Im pretty low on shooters so it might be a little slow for me this year. hopefully some more bucks move in once the crops are out.

Good luck everyone and stay safe.

15. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    JGD great antelope. Congrats on the does. Your definitely having a great season.

16. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    6 Days and counting!

17. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Wednesday for me!
    Rocky

18. joe_bow

joe_bow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got access to another property that is semi-public. They had a draw and just got the packet in the mail. I'm pretty excited to scout it!

19. buckjeezy

buckjeezy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally pulled the memory card at one of my spots and got some pictures of this shooter. I'm guessing he is a 4.5 year old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    buckjeezy
    Looks like a good one, got some body size to him good luck laying him down. Looks like a cold front comming through on Wednesday ,should get the Moose up and moving suposed to go down to -1 for the low
    Rocky