Cam shredding my serving

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by NebMo Hunter, Sep 12, 2016.

1. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    that 180 degree bend is a night mare. It's a huge pain for anyone that builds bowtech bowstrings

2. Bowslinger2

Bowslinger2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You should not have had to jump through that many loops with Bowtech to have it fixed. You can easily see where the problem was. They should have bent over backwards to help you. I love my CK but if I have trouble with customer service ever humming and hawing about cams, if they don't want to help me I'll ship this thing back to them and they can put it where the sun don't shine. Good luck to you.

3. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good ol bowtech. ISSUES ISSUES ISSUES

4. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bowtech has shipped 2 new cams and a new cable, though I just ordered another aftermarket one (cable).

They want me to use the new factory cable, and the left over factory cable that came with bow that wasn't damaged previously.
    I didn't want an aftermarket string then 1, 2 year old factory cable and a brand new factory cable.

worried they might get my cams out of time if one is stretched a little and the other brand new.
    Plus I like the look of my aftermarket ones better

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  5. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    happened to be in the strip mall where the Scheels is that is fixing my bow.
    I stopped in and asked about status, the guy walked into the back and came out holding my bow with 2 small fedex looking packages ziptied to it, I'm guessing the cams, he pulled open one of the packages to show me a cam, can't be certain the other packages was a cam, or maybe a cable they said they were going to ship as well.

I asked if they could have it fixed today (Saturday morning) they said it would take them until Monday (today) IF they had all the parts.

now I'm upset
    1. if you have to parts and you have several techs just put the dang thing together
    2. if you don't have all the parts yet, why isn't Bowtech sending warranty parts overnight during bow season?

they have had my bow for 2 weeks, getting ticked off

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That seems as much as issue with the shop you used as Bowtech unfortunately. They don't seem to be making you a priority.

7. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    got a call today that my bow is done, I'll get in there this evening and check it out to make sure its done right, then I'll get out this week and shoot.

8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Might be time to buy a bow press and do things yourself, save time money and aggravation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    finally got my bow back
    got to shop last night they had my bow there waiting for me and asked me if I wanted to shoot it, as I grabbed it I noticed they didn't do what I asked.
    They had the string and 1 cable 100% UHMWPE material
    they other cable was a factory bowtech and 1 BCY cable instead of 1 string and 2 cables of the
    100% UHMWPE

so they had to go find the cable I gave them on Saturday, 30 minutes later they come out and say "we can't find it, we're sorry"

long story they put the wrong cables on and stuck the good cable in the bad with all the take off stuff.
    got it fixed, I was able to shoot it at the store a couple times and it is STIFF
    hope it breaks itself in

10. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I sure feel bad about the poor service that you are getting. You put up with it a lot longer than I would have.

11. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly the reason I built a draw board and when two vendors were having their price war on LCA presses I bought two, sold one when the price war was over.

Glad I did. Bow opener was 9/24 and I had to switch out my cams, string/cables on 9/19 and switch out limbs on 9/23. Two hour drive to a decent shop and they are super busy this time of year. I'd still be waiting on a bow.

A press really pays for itself fairly quick. I'm a CPA so read that as CHEAP. Kinda felt a press was more of a want than a need, but really a strong want. Even if I didn't have the cam/limb deal - just time and gas to drive somewhere and/or pay for every little peep adjustment is worth it. New bow has new strings or put new strings on an old bow and you deal with peep issues for the first bit.

As long as your careful and don't break anything you can't get the bow into any shape a pro can't get it out, but mostly you'll figure it out without their help.

When I hire a new employee I always tell them do the best you can and do it right cause my name is on it, but if you make a mistake, just tell me. There's nothing you can screw up this month I can't fix next month.

12. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got to my indoor range and shot 15 arrows and thought this just feels too stiff.
    Thats because it was now set at 74 pounds instead of 60...

I am never buying a bow from scheels in omaha again!

13. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's something you should have picked up on when you shot it at their shop initially. That's a BIG weight difference. They do sound half assed though!

14. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:

I did, i shot it and told the guy it felt heavy/stiff
    But it wasn't hard to pull or hold at full draw so didn't think it was that far off

15. NebMo Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now I'm questioning what poundage I should have my bow at.
    I was right at 60 pounds, I like that because it created enough energy to kill deer while being easy to draw and hold for an extended time.
    I get it back at or just over 70 pounds which I've never shot before, and was much easier than I thought to shoot and hold

when I had the pro shop check the poundage and they told me 70 I had them back it down, it currently is at 64-65 pounds

I like the idea of super easy draw, I like the idea of extra power behind my arrow
    70 pounds was an easy draw for me

Would you back it all the way back down to 60, leave it at 64/65 or move it back up to 70 for maximum KE and MO?

at 70 pounds I would be (about) 297 fps 86.6 KE and .583 mo
    at 65 pounds would be 289 FPS 82 KE and .567 mo
    at 60 pounds would be 280 FPS 77 KE and .550 mo

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  16. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try pulling 70 when the temp dips down! 60good

17. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Easy draw and easy hold for extended time equals greater accuracy. Accuracy will trump raw power every time.

When comparing draw weights on whitetail deer, what is really being discussed is how far the arrow will stick into the dirt on the other side of the deer.

Having said that, if you can sit your butt on the ground with your feet out in front of you held off the ground and draw 70 pounds with no problem, then by all means go for it.

18. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You are over thinking this, pick a draw weight that is comfortable for you, sight in, and enjoy yourself.

19. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Once back in the 90's it was a really cold archery season in PA. I had a deer come in I wanted to shoot. I could not get the bow drawn. My muscles were so cold and I was so bundled up, I just couldn't do it. I went to a 60lb bow after that and have only gone heavier once.

I cringe every time I see guys with their bows aimed at the sun just to get it drawn because it is too heavy. If I can't hold my bow arm out straight and draw straight back without drama, the bow is too heavy.

But obviously everybody is different. Lots of guys shoot 70#, 80#, & even heavier bows without trouble. That is for you to decide.

20. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, smoothness=accuracy