This baffles me. NY blaze orange requirements

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Creepy21, Sep 8, 2016.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So my college buddy from the Catskills relayed this story. A Yahoo is bragging in a diner, he shot an albino deer. The game warden, also there, overhears and asks to see it because he's never seen an albino before. They head out to the guys car and he shows the warden (some farmers) goat he shot...

I don't miss hunting in the southern tier.

2. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here your sign !!!

3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lol. That about sums it up.

4. DirtnBeer

DirtnBeer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My grandfather tells me that back in the day the farmers used to spray paint COW on the side of their cattle, thought he was pulling my leg, but maybe he wasn't kidding. I'm lucky enough to hunt private land far enough away from the city to not worry about the 212 crowd, but still wear a blaze orange vest as a precaution. If you read this year's regulations book, the state has also acknowledged blaze pink as an acceptable safety color.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honest I think a lot of these stories are overblown and shouldn't be passed around true or not. I think hunters should help protect the sport and posting crap like this just gives us all a bad rap ...

6. adkhunter1590

adkhunter1590 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Your grandpa wasn't kidding. I've heard that same story when I was a kid. I've been lucky and always had a big chunk of private land to hunt as my dad bought some right about the time I was born. But I've heard that exact story from my grandpa, dad and uncle. My dad stopped hunting public land when he had a slug blow apart a tree 10 inches above his head while sitting at the base of a tree. He said it was like a war zone and would never go back. Bought our camp land the next spring and he hasn't set foot on public land in the southern zone for 30 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Until I turned 18, I always believed that NY required you to wear orange during regular season. That's just something my father pounded in my head right from the start, whether it's public or private land. I'm glad he did that because it makes us as hunters safer none the less. But I'm also glad that this great state of NY (sarcasm) gives us the option to wear what we want. You do you, and I'll do me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk