PureBred - Sent Cubes - First Take / Unboxing

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by pick00l, Sep 6, 2016.

1. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    About a month or so ago, PureBred gave out samples of their products right here on bowhunting.com. I was one of the lucky folks! Wanted to share my first impressions on some of the products shipped and show how a couple deer reacted. This post also shows how the urine cube held up over a warm weekend.

First the package details...scroll below for the deer and cube pics. I have not had a chance to use the stick or liquid doe urine yet. I do have the cam still out there so, will update this thread with any additional information as we progress.

Package arrived in a nice branded box, it included three scent types and a pair of gloves: natural doe scent stick, natural doe liquid, and buck urine scent cubes. Couple pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I setup the cam and the buck urine cube over a scrape from last season. You can see from the pics that the doe and fawn were curious and how well the scent cube held up over three day period. Temps were pretty warm and I thought there would be more melting. Glad to see there was not. Seems positive. The cube has some structure yet, can be smushed or smeared. Hence the gloves are needed unless you want it on your hands. My guess is that you can also push one cube out with a stick if you did not have gloves. In the future, PureBred might think about single use application cubes. Like a butter packet...or something you can leave in the woods that would melt away. Maybe a 2 pack instead of the 6 pack it came in. Plenty of ideas there to make it easy to take on a hunt.

Initial placement of the scent cube can be see in the center of the photo.
    [​IMG]

Scent cube after 3 days of warm weather. Bit tough to see the profile however, the cube is almost 100% in size and just a tiny bit of melting appeared. NOTE: There was no rain during this time.
    [​IMG]

Here are a few deer pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PureBred

PureBred Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the review! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

3. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice review.

When you talk about single cubes, maybe a perforated container so you could just tear one off. Just a thought.