Third shift?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ghilie, Sep 7, 2016.

1. adkhunter1590

adkhunter1590 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    11p-7a night shifter here. Sitting in my office/control room as I type this. I work with 2 other guys in my position that I'm buddies with so I can adjust my hours pretty easily for when I wanna hunt. But third shift makes afternoon hunts no problem. Morning hunts I'll mostly skip so I can get 6 hours of sleep and get out in the woods. If the weather and wind is looking to be just right for a morning hunt I'll text my buddy and have him come in at 4-5am so I can get home and jump in a stand. I think 3rd shift is the best for hunters. I like it for home life too. I can get to bed by 830 and be up around 2-3 and have time to hang out and play with my 2 little boys and have dinner with them, get them ready for bed and put them down. A little alone time with the ol lady and then it's time to head off to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cdemarse

cdemarse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love me some midnights. I work 6p to 6a. I go without sleep all hunting season. Between deer, duck, and goose by January I'm ready to just relax. Totally worth it though.

3. ctrupp

ctrupp Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I, too, work 11pm to 7:30am. I hunt mostly evening, as well. However, I am lucky, because the land I hunt sets up best for evening hunts. When I hunted another property I did do morning hunts on my days off. I did not find it that tough, though. I fish tournaments in the summertime and have gotten use to getting up early on my days off.

4. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Reading this thread is really making me appreciate my 7:30am-4:00pm work schedule :)