the all famous camo talk thread(debate)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter728, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    its that fantastic time again everybody!!!! the good ol debate of whether you wear camo or not and what brands you have and why. i've been shopping around for new camo but there is so much. I.E U.A, scentlok, basspro gear, etc. so lets hear it for all the camo lovers out there and be proud to announce what you have and what some good suggestions would be. :thewave:. Mine as well add some fuel to the fire so what scent locks are the best to use as well. OH BOY DO I LOVE A GOOD DEBATE!!!. may the best camo win :lol:

2. w1ckstar

w1ckstar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love my Lost Camo from Gamehide.com, not a fan of the new Lost Camo XD though

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use whatever is cheap and handy. On occasion I even wear mismatched patterns and brands. *gasp!

4. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    its ok to be different dont let anyone tell you any different :chewy:lol

5. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Unless it's a glowing neon pink and blue, I really don't think it makes that much difference. That said I do prefer the Predator deception green for early season. I think it blends better to my eyes than anything I've seen. I had some but had to sell it after I lost weight. Now I've got a bunch of Cabelas outfitter camo. I think that would be a better all-season choice.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

6. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    any specific cabelas outfiitters gear or no

7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I own some berber fleece, wooltimate, and outfitter wool.

Blessings........Pastorjim

8. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First I'll say staying still and having good back cover are probably more important than camouflage
    I am a big fan of Predator brown deception and fall grey others swear by ASAT
    The main thing is to make you invisible to a prey animal by breaking up the human form and blending into the background whether it be foliage, limbs, rock or sky. Anything dark with too tight a pattern won't do it

I personally use Sitka with Optifade elevated 2 pattern which I feel works really well in tree stands
    The reason I wear all Sitka is that they make really nice gear that is functional plus I got incredibly lucky and was able to get it at a good price.

I'd say Realtree Xtra is probably the best all around camo made and I wear a set of Scent Lok Savannah in it for early season...lost camo is right up there.

If I had no Camo right now and had to buy new full price I'd be looking at the Predator Ambush series in brown deception for my Halloween through late season set or Cabelas new O2 Octane pattern.

9. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have always liked mossy oaks stuff and didn't matter who made it but I got tired of having to put so many dang layers on so I splurged this year and after a lot of research I bought the under armour. well..... about 2 days later that dropped that hunter for killing a bead with a spear and I returned it and got some sitka elevated ii stuff. It was more expensive but I just liked the feel of wearing it better than cabelas or anything else. I paid for it but we will see if I can stay warm come winter time here.

10. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love anything Realtree Xtra. It doesn't matter what brand or who makes it. Realtree Xtra matches every one of my surroundings wherever I hunt in central MN.

Have never bought a piece of Mossy Oak. Just don't like their patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    does everyone use both pants and tops or bibs?

12. JLhunts

JLhunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Realtree xtra for the most part good all around camo and dont break the bank

13. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    it really depends on my surroundings. I try not to be a dark blob of mossy oak if I'm in a tree with a minimal backdrop (I'll where vertigo or something lighter) or in light colored grass (I'll wear my waterfowl realtree max4). As far as brands... I have such a hodgepodge right now of scentlok, Columbia phg, cabelas, and scent blocker.

14. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I buy whatever camo is on sale.

I don't like to wear dark colored stuff in the winter or hunting out West and I don't like to wear the lighter colored stuff if hunting in the East or out of a blind but it all comes down to size, fabric (feel) and SALE!

15. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    when i went bass pro today they were having some good sales on there line of camo along with browning and scentlok. it was early to mid season camo and they only had a little bit of extreme cold in stock but not on sale.

16. Parkerg31

Parkerg31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bass pro's redhead brand makes a very nice jacket and pant that is water and rain proof 100% great for Alabama in October. The cool thing about it is that the outer layer is not the loud "swish swish" type of material. It's a lot quieter but still water proof. I think the camo is true timber camo. The line is called the squaltex series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  17. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used Realtree AP for years hunting whitetail and turkey. I liked it because I generally was not in a tree stand and the pattern would blend in with most of my surroundings(Pine, Maple, Oak).

I just recently purchased bibs and a jacket in ASAT because my hunting is primarily from a treestand now, and mostly from bare maples in the fall with very little foliage for cover. Hopefully change is good!

18. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    Also does everyone have early, mid, and late camo and do they have that "one holy grail "set that works.??

19. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, sure do.
    I have a few pairs of generic camo jeans from Wallyworld and some matching T's. Then I have a pair of thin coveralls in Realtree AP then I have a thicker pair of camo coveralls then I have a full set of battery powered heated biker gear with gloves and socks and a 12v backpack. The biker gear is black and red but I can throw the thin pair of coveralls on over it and it works great.

20. Joe Soil

Joe Soil Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love cabelas outfitter camo!