Bigwoods hunters are dying

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jpwold01, Aug 31, 2016.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This should help.

W6563 Hwy 12
    Millston, Wi, 54615

2. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do both! I plant plots for early and late season and hunt them. I also have tens of thousands of acres of woods behind my house and over years of scouting have found some trually great deep woods spots that I hunt when I have time, which sadly is rare, cause I work and have 4 of 6 kids still living at home. Both meat gods have great potential, opportunity and fun value.

3. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    6 kids? This man knows all about the word "challenge" :lol:

4. redbellybum

redbellybum Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Most of my life I've rifle hunted private family property. I grew up on 300 acres of upland pine with a few oak bottoms. Last year I went up to the North GA mountains on hunting/camping trip on pubic land and killed a decent 8 pt. i had to pack out. It was tough but so rewarding. Hope to be doing much more of that.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have hunted the big woods of northern Wisconsin in the past my first 5 or 6 deer were shot with a 270 in the Barnes and Iron River area. It is a challenge but once you learn where to look your odds go up dramatically. I still go to the big woods for rifle season but I don't hunt I cook and do logistics, the last 2 years I have brought the only fresh venison to camp. The boys up north like the flavor of the food plot venison vs the north woods venison so there is that to consider as well.