String Changing

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Rampaige, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now that I have tuning figured out, I'm going to be changing the strings on my No Cam tomorrow. I've never done it before but after watching a few videos it seems straight forward. My plan is to measure my peep/kisser/nock, press the bow, change string, change cables, one at a time, retune. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? How do I make sure my strings have the proper number of twists?

2. JLhunts

JLhunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When you recieve your strings from whoever you ordered them from dont twist/untwist them. Leave them in the package until its time to put them on. The stings company should have them just about bang on for you. After installing the strings and cables check yours specs and add/remove twists as needed to put the bow in spec

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Start by getting your axle to axle and brace height close (+- 1/8"). As stated do your best to not let any twists out of your new string before installing. Since this your first string change I recommend taking pictures of where the loops attach and the routing, and also the cable routing through the cable rollers.

4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great advice!

5. fairtondoeslayer

fairtondoeslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea do not untwist anything, put them on out
    Of the bag and then take your
    Measurements. What brand strings you go
    With goes a long way too. I personally have used korbins strings and 60x with great results, no peep rotation or stretch whatsoever