***Buck Lives Matter - Team 22***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Ruttin1, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Rob Nicholson

Rob Nicholson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not involved in this competition but you guys have the best team name lol

2. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hows everyone's prep going as you are gearing up for the start of your seasons? Anyone want to share hitlists?

3. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    When I get home from work today I am going to check my cams. I'll then post what I have on camera for this season so far. Not a big list, really only after one buck but should be a great season! :tu:

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a late start this year with setting out cameras. We moved into a new house in June and it's been a lot of work. Luckily I know my two spots very well so not much scouting needed there but I picked up a new piece of land and hope to get some cameras out tomorrow or Tuesday. Small 20 acre piece but nobody has hunted it for a while

5. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't done any scouting. At all. I am hoping to be able to get out here in awhile. I have public land I hunt. Which is wright Patman lake COE land. Then I also have private land on the red river that I can hunt. I am hoping to get lucky and get a giant on the red river.

As a side note, I saw meth for the first time tonight in my life. I was out with the game wardens again tonight and one of them got a meth head. It was super crazy.

6. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really hate to post pics but im going to. Ive been after this deer for 3 years and need to take him out this year. Im afraid he is going to start going down hill next year.
    IMAG0179.jpg

Attached Files:

7. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that's a great looking buck bry2211! As for my season, I haven't been up to the property since Fourth of July weekend, so it'll be interesting to see what I've gotten on the cameras when I head up there this weekend. I'm hoping to see a few of the deer we know made it from last year, and there's always the hope and excitement of a new buck coming into the area. Can't wait to get up there and check everything out and make the few last minute adjustments for the season!

8. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Ok Guys,

This is what's going on in my world. Here is a bit of background about the location that I hunt. Last year I interviewed to be apart of a hunting cabin and was fortunate enough to be chosen. The cabin is on 40 acres of northern Wisconsin big woods. No fields or agriculture. Swamps, ridges, hardwoods, etc. This 40 acres is surrounded by 1000's of acres of county land. To the south of the county land is the Canadian Railway. These tracks are illegal to cross therefore making the county land inaccessible to the public. However we have access to it which is awesome for us. There are 4 guys in the cabin. Myself and the cabin owner are the only ones who bowhunt. Our stands are about a mile apart from one another.

Last year I was late in hunting at the cabin. I think the first sit for me was October 17th. Not exactly idea but I went with it. On November 1st I saw my shooter buck (A 10 point I call BDay) but he was smarter than me. Long story short, he needed to take two more steps and didn't, then picked me off and got away. It really made me sick. Anyway he made it through the season and is back on my camera. He is my number one this year. My stand has been up since April and ready to go. I have 7 different bucks on camera. BDay is the only shooter. The others I would opt not to shoot if they were to show up.

These are the 3 bucks we were after last year. None of us got them, and to our knowledge no neighbors got them either.

This is BDay. He is a pretty 10 pointer that is really smart. This is a picture of him last year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a buck I call Gator. He would have been a 10 but busted his G2 off. He is a wanderer. He showed up late in October and then kind of disappeared. Not sure if he is alive but here's to hoping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This buck I call Big Eddie. I have never seen him on my camera but the cabin owner had him regularly. Always at night. He is a very smart big 8 pointer. This picture was taken last January. Confident he is still alive.

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of BDay that was taken a couple weeks ago. He added some size and a sticker which I hope he keeps. :tu:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bday looks like an old buck. Would be a good one to get down. Good luck!

10. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    I would guess 4 1/2 year old. Just an opinion though. :tu:

11. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, he looks older in the first pictures but that was in rut. I just noticed that. He doesn't look real thick in the pics from this year. Very nice deer. Kill him and tell us how old he is. lol

12. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    So in the past with other teams I have been on, someone would set up a group text messaging with groupme. This is basically a text chat room where we can message each other updates in the tree. Would everyone be interested in this?

13. Ruttin1

Ruttin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I'm in. I usually sit long sits and need a little pick me up once in a while.

14. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would be up for this, my season starts this Friday, wont make it to the trees until the 8th of Sept.

15. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Great. If you guys want to pm me your numbers I'll set it up. :tu:

16. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    I added treyman654 and Ruttin1 to the group. :tu:

17. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    downloaded the app,is the group name buck lives matter?

18. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    yep! :tu:

19. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we have 8 logged in to our groupme chat group. If any of you other guys are interested let us know! :tu:

20. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, it's been a crazy summer!! Usually I'm very involved with the forums but for some reason, my computer won't let me get on. I went out about a month ago and checked cameras, and had a couple nice shooters show up. I'll be headed out tomorrow to check my cameras and if some of my shooters show up, I'll post picks. Also I'll download the app and get in on the group text!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk