Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Summit Viper SS

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by englum_06, Oct 20, 2009.

1. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any experience with them?

A buddy of mine told me I could have his for $150. He said he just gets "frustrated" by it. I've never hunted from a climber. The only one I have is a HUGE bulky, heavy thing that is a PITA to carry!

2. Andrew/sc

Andrew/sc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It really just comes to to whether or not you personally like climbers. I love my viper. Its comfortable, quiet, lightweight, easy to carry, easy to get on and off the tree, and solid. Ive packed it in and out for single hunts and left it on the tree for days at the time. Works great either way.

3. Melton man

Melton man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard their not too bowhunter friendly but make good rifle or ML stands. I personally have not use one.

4. Andrew/sc

Andrew/sc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It does have sort of high arm rests and since you are low in the sling seat the front bar seems high, but if all your shooting is done from the standing postion(mine is) then this is not a problem.

5. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 of them, and have killed nearly a dozen deer out of them using archery tackle. Love it. Love it. LOVE IT! Simple to use, quiet, stable.....comfortable......People worry about the arm rest and the front bar, they're both negligible.

The seat can be adjusted for either gun or bow. For gun hunting, allow more slack in the straps to lower the seat. Bow, do just the opposite. Pull the tension out and pick the seat up higher. I have NEVER had an issue with either the arm rests or bars. The only issue I have with it is staying awake. :D

I've even shot a couple of those deer while seated in the stand...... ;)

6. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure its a good deal for $150. I personally have and prefer the Summit Razor. It's identical to the viper but the bar can be folded down underneath the seat once you reach your desired height. BUT....I realize you are only being offered the viper. I still believe you'd be satisfied. Solid stands.

7. englum_06

Dislikes Received:
    Alright! Thanks alot guys!

8. Melton man

Melton man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd have to go with this guy if you really want to know sounds like he knows what he's talking about!!!

9. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never hurts to ask. But my old one is an 04 model and it's aluminum. I would bet a nickel this one is too. That's a fair price for it as well. Grab the thing before he changes his mind.

10. englum_06

Dislikes Received:
    Alright, I'll get ahold of him tomorrow and see which one it is. I'm strongly considering grabbing it.

I have a creek bottom that I hunt, there's an ANCIENT 10' ladder stand down there that the deer check out every time they cross through there. I can't sit it because I get busted EVERY time. I was thinking about throwing a 20' stik ladder and a small lock-on down there (70 bucks for the whole set), but this could open up a lot more possibilities. The trees down there are PERFECT for a climber.

It would be a great ambush because they check out the ladder EVERY time they go through there. It would really catch them offguard if that ladder was empty and I was in there somewhere!

11. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't realize they still made a steel climber. Sounds absurd.

BUT....curiousity got the best of me and I went to their site.