Last camera check before season opens.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by boilerman, Aug 29, 2016.

1. boilerman

boilerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Would like to know when some of you do your final check on your cameras before the season starts. It starts here on Sept 12 and was thinking of pulling the cards about the 9th or 10th. This would give me time to pick my stand as to where the bucks are hanging the most. When do some of you do your so called last check before opening day.:bow:

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I check mine about 3 days before season starts normally.

3. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just pulled cards on August 28th - 2 days ago. I moved 2 and deployed a 4th. I plan on going back 1 more time about 2 weeks before the season starts to swap cards and put up a scent dripper at the "hottest spot". Then come back on Oct 1st and hunt the opener.

4. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just did my last check this past weekend. Wisconsin opener is just after yours so i usually like to stay out a few weeks prior especially because a couple of my spots are public land so who knows if another guy is out walking around. I figure i'd be 1 less guy disturbing things.

5. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am trying something different this year. Usually i check my cameras about 2 weeks prior to opening but i am going a full month this year. I am interested to see if my absence will catch a buck that may not even been in the area in the summer off guard. Only time will tell. It will be like Christmas morning looking at the cards again to see what has been through in the past month. Good luck to you all!

6. strapassassin93

strapassassin93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm about to put my cameras back out on Wednesday or Thursday here in southern Illinois because we have a nice cool front moving in Thursday morning and I'll probably leave them for about two weeks since our opener is October 1st. That'll give it two weeks to die down and get whatever scent I left in there out before I head back for opening morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't change anything, I keep running them as normal. I can keep track of deer better and I don't like to create any change in activity for deer to key on that could create any associative responses.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What good is a trail camera if you do not access the information it has been logging? I actually check the chip more often as things start to get interesting.

9. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I pulled mine on Saturday because we are not allowed to use them during season here in MT. I won't be back up there till season has started.

10. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks!!

11. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I do mine as close as possible to the start of the season. Mainly to make sure no other guys are in the area and to see what the deer are most recently doing. I believe you don't mess around in there long, go in get cards and leave, deer won't be really bothered by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll check mine one last time this weekend which will be two weeks before opening, the rest of the season they will get checked on the days I am hunting and am near the camera's already.

13. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I actually didn't run any cameras all summer. It was hard but as dumb as it sounds I would get discouraged to hunt if I hadn't had any pictures of anything moving. I hunt a giant ag field that is planted in corn this year with one of my stands on the only pond in a few mile radius and the other in a drainage ditch that leads from the pond to a big block of woods that they bed in. I'm actually looking forward to hunting and not knowing what could possibly walk by.

14. pernat

pernat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin opens the 17th of September. This year I will check them opening day and hunt the following week when I get home from a florida fishing trip. This will give me a week to figure out what spot I will be hunting. I haven't checked my cams yet so my spots are pretty much untouched besides putting in food plots and tree stand maintenance.