Mock scrape drippers/scents

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Marauder, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Everybody,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried using multiple different brands of scents in the same mock scrape. An example would be to use a dripper from Wildlife Research Center and then spraying it down with Tinks mock scrape starter. I wonder what effect it would have on the deer. Thoughts?

2. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have used both the Tinks and Wildlife Research. However I found them both to be unsatisfactory. The few bottles of Tinks I bought smelled like ammonia when I opened them. The wildlife Research combo that I bought didn't last the 2 weeks it said it was designed to last. I know it depends on the temperature and other weather conditions but we had ideal conditions for about 3 weeks and the dripper was out after about 5 days. We switched to 2 products from Apparition scents 2 years ago. One is a preorbital that goes into the branch above the scrape. It is called Nightmare. We like to use a cooling towel and cut it into strips and then soak the towel in the preorbital. We then tie it into a branch above the licking branch. The other product is called Undertaker. It is a dirt product that has been infused with the smell of a herd. It is waterproof and goes into the scrape itself and "renews" the scrape. I personally know the owner of the company. He is an awesome guy and offers a 100% money back gurantee if you don't like it.

3. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the gentleman above about drippers . I have used alot of different products over the years . The best I seen is James Valley Scents , Buck Magic , And Trails end scent.( Hunters Speciality's). Don't forget about anise oil.

4. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You guys should save your money and make your own mock scrapes with your own urine. Either find a previous scrape or make your own and just pee in it andput a cam on it. Believe me I always thought the opposite that it would scare the deer out of there. But it works and I believe it works better than the bottled stuff. There are some guys that pee into a bottle and I used to do that. Maybe it's the freshness of it but it works here's my mock scrape last year with the bigger bucks but there were endless pics of smaller bucks every night. Here are some pics[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And here a pic showing how fast they come to it look at the times on these 2 pics the deer ended up following my boot track right to my second stand and I shot him. That's another story but I'll stay on the topic. I got out of one stand that was really uncomfortable took a pee in the scrape and moved on to my other stand [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk