Buying new bow

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by x ring300, Aug 25, 2016.

1. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I 'm shopping for a new hunting bow . Been looking at the Bear products and the one under the the threat caught my eye .Because of the stat's and price . What do you think of this line and so on .Cannot afford a Matthew's .I always liked the Bear products Shoot a Jenning's TStar now.

2. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    I think the Bow is called the mercenary but not sure . The stats are identical to the threat. Most of all I like the 80 % let off with my arm problem's .Work and other issue's have kept me out of the wood's for now it's will be two years this bug's me but cannot do anything about it .Have to pay the other bill's. And if you wonder where the money is coming from for this new bow .My tax refund and I'm going to call it my Christmas and birthday present I think I deserve it after what I been going through. I'm a little touchie about this whole situtation in my life sorry.

3. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    On the postive note The land I'm co owner on will be clear cut this year .Will be slow for deer for a little while but will make a strong come back.

4. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    I think that is enough Whining.

5. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly if you have gone and shot it and that is the one you still want then I would get it. I wouldn't buy a bow without shooting it first and I would shoot as many different bows in your budget to make sure it is the one you really want. I would also suggest you shoot a few just above your budget just to understand why the cost more. So many times I hear about people after buying a bow wish they would have just saved up a little more money and gotten something better. Good luck with your bow search!

6. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    U can get a used Mathews or any other brand that are just about new. Some guys buy new every year.( I still don't get it), and a lot less money too, might be affordable after all

7. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bear makes some good budget friendly bows. If you are interested in Mathews but can't swing the price there's the used market as well as the Mission by Mathews line. Mission makes some good stuff and they carry the same warranty as the Mathews line.

If warranty is something that you find important than you are better off buying a lower priced new bow. However, Elite's warranty is transferable. I'm not sure if anybody else does this.

Shooting as many different bows in your price range as you can is solid advice.

Most of all enjoy the process. Bow shopping is fun!

8. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed today that academy had the Bear Arena 30 on clearance for $348. Smoking price since I paid $700 for mine about 5 months ago!!

9. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can find some good used mathews at good prices of you look and you are really wanting that :)

10. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my No Cam used on eBay for $650. Looks and feels brand new. You can find some great deals out there if you look for them!

11. Parkerg31

Parkerg31 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I owned a mission bow by matthews for four years as my first bow and it was great. Very affordable

12. yepitsme19

yepitsme19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love my new Mathews!