***Antlers Anonymous - Team 18***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Garet, Aug 15, 2016.

1. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know this is a deer competition....but look at this fatty! ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1472021163.950424.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1472021176.372012.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1472021199.281793.jpg

2. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    08180075.jpg 08190112.jpg 08190105.jpg 08200158.jpg 08210164.jpg 08190091.jpg Almost everybody decided to check in for a head count this week. Lot of action on last nights card pull.

3. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, you don't want it?

I feel like a slacker, I have yet to put a camera out. Life has been so hectic around the home that the most I've done for bow season is shoot my bow daily. Sadly my archery spot is 30-45 minutes (depending on weather) away.

Garet, nice deer!

CJ, nice bear! My husband got a bear with his bow last year in NY. It was delicious. Cannot wait for him to get another!

4. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Someone needs to change our team post name to antlers anonymous team 18 like how the other teams have there's.

5. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Once we confirm a team captain, they will post it and Fitz will change title. If Justin doesn't want it, I'll take it, unless anyone else would like to try it.

6. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like Pink is ready and willing to be captain. Works for me

7. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    CJ ...My buddy has a bear equally large on camera at one of the spots we hunt, along with 2 or 3 others.

8. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    So a friend of my husbands (he annoys me with his drama) - has two nice bucks on camera (and a bunch of doe). He lives about 10 minutes from my work. Guess who will have a weekday hunting spot if I have time after work? Husband works out of town, so it is up to me to go hunt. He should be home on Saturdays. But, with working Monday-Friday this closer to home location works well. I also have permission to hunt my uncles, right down the road, but haven't had much luck there. Maybe I'll get some more stand time in this year. Last year I got roughly 130 hours in.

9. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like 130 hours is still quite a bit. I would say that's way more than I logged last year.

10. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Sadly that was mainly Friday after work and all day Saturdays.

11. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all for PinkPony as captain. That's a fair amount of hours logged on stand! I try a little more low impact approach with my wife and 3 kids at home. Pick my spots and try to plan days according to weather. Oct. 20th-Nov. 1st has traditionally been best for me. I've had much more luck in the seeking phase pre rut than anything else. I have the advantage of being close to the land I hunt as well and now I'm building a house right across the road from our 130. Spotting scope will be set up in the dining room!

12. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I went and posted our name and listed me as team captain. If anyone would rather someone else have it, that's fine...just getting things rolling.

We are still missing the two with no responses. They have five more days then I am asking for replacements. I don't want to wait long after for the fact of meatmissle32 hasn't been on in over a month. That's too risky for us losing points if he were to check in at last minute. I have a message to United12 - he was on this week....we will see. Everyone agree with that?

Aaron - it seems towards the end of October is usually best here, too. I just cannot get off work to take weekdays in the woods. Some reason they don't think hunting is too important, lol. But, how awesome to be so close to your hunting grounds. That would be a huge motivator if you were sitting in the dining room and seen a monster on the woods line.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  13. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Aye Aye Captain!

14. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm good with pink pony being captain! I definitely don't have the time for that this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    We're official with a name change. Getting some cameras out this weekend. Better late than never.

16. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been seeing a lot of big buck in the area. There's so much corn up around the farm it hard to scout my location but in the bean fields just off the farm some nice buck. Going to check out our food plots later and putting a camera up in my back yard food plot

17. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    MFDC0449.jpg
    The 8 pointed in the back should be a shooter. The 10 might be to small. Here is a few other pic of ok bucks. May or may not be shooters for us. ATT00002.jpg MFDC2138.jpg MFDC2123.jpg MFDC0964.jpg ATT00006.jpg

18. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pulled cards today. Had a number of decent bucks for the first time. 3 probable shooters, but nothing enormous. A couple in the 130s which is kind of my baseline for this year. I'd post them but I take videos and not stills generally so not sure if I can embed a video in these forums apart from a YouTube/Vimeo link. Still good to see some nice ones. Also have another one in the distance on video that looks like one of the big ones we had from last year. He could be closer to 140", but hard to say from the distance. Definitely has the frame for it.

19. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    You could try photobucket I believe.

Tonight's shooter just 1/3 mile away 20160828_192047.jpg

20. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    HS - that last one is a beaut. We do not have monsters. Usually 120 is an average for my area.