Recommend an IWB Holster

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by airenlow, Aug 20, 2016.

1. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I need to conceal a Sig p250c...any recommendations would be awesome. The current front runner is Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0. Thanks!

2. bigEhaw

bigEhaw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to say Alien Gear.

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Concealment Express for my xds 9 and I really like it

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That was gonna be my suggestion. I have a 2.0 and love it.

5. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alien Gear looks good and I've been on the fence. I have to say that I've been really happy with the holsters from kholster.com, though. I liked the one I got for my Glock so much that I picked another one up for the 1911 when I made it my carry piece.

Edit: Dang. Bad news. kholster has closed its doors. :(

If you want a nice, natural holster (with a great selection of materials including shark, ostrich, hippo, cape buffalo and more) I've been very happy with my MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather.

6. BearTruth517

BearTruth517 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Purchased my custom through Crossbreed Holsters for my Ruger SR9c, love it and adjusts

7. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Desantis holsters. Works for my carry 40

8. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up an alien gear IWB holster for my summer carry (sig 232) and I 'm very impressed with the quality, comfort, and adjustability at a nice price point. Definitely picking up another one.

9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I must have had about 6 different brands and the nicest by far has been stealth gear.

10. flattitude

flattitude Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the 3.0 as well. Comfortable and easy to wear all day

11. Time2Panic

Time2Panic Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the big brother to your pistol (P320 full-size) and ended up purchasing an On Your 6 Designs IWB for it. It's fairly comfortable and at $30 is one of the least expensive custom fit holsters available. The one thing I might mention is that while I wear it all day everyday, it is NOT as comfortable as the Hybrid holster such as the Alien Gear, CrossBreed or Galco KingTuk.

I have tried the Alien Gear holsters and I only have one complaint about them. Because they make the Base to accommodate any pistol, the tabs for the shell end up being a lot wider than they need to be for some of the different pistols. I am a fairly small framed person (33" waistline), and the tabs force me to wear the AG holster at more the 5 O'Clock position rather than at 4 O'clock as I prefer. I really wanted to like the AG holster because again the price is right. If you don't mind that, or if you have a large enough frame where those over-sized tabs don't affect you the same way it does me, then yes the AG is a good option.

Note the difference in how wide the tabs are on the shells between the CrossBreed and the AlienGear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, My other two favorites are the Cross Breed SuperTuck and the Galco KingTuk. I have both.

The CrossBreed is the original hybrid holster, but is cost prohibitive. I always end up spending $100 when I buy a CB holster. Pros - they have a shell for almost any type of gun (this is important since you have chosen a gun that is not as popular as the Glock, XD, 1911 etc. Cons - As I mentioned earlier, the cost.

The Galco KingTuk is their offering for the hybrid holster. Pros - thicker leather base. I like this because it holds its shape better. Cons - limited support for pistols that are not popular (e.g. you cannot buy one for your P250). There are those that say you can substitute with a P226/P229 holster but it does not work for me... while it may fit, there are issues with making a clean draw.

Well I have rambled for a bit but I hope I have provided some insight on why I like or don't like the holsters mentioned