What quiver do you use for spot and stalk?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by okcaveman, Aug 20, 2016.

1. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking at a potential spot and stalk hunt later in the year, and a potential trip to idaho next year. Iv always shot with the quiver off in the treestand, but don't feel like that will work well in a spot and stalk situation. I'm debating something like the cat quiver, or just getting a tightspot or octane deadlock and starting to shoot with it attached.
    Advice? Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    for spot and stalk I keep a 6 arrow quiver on my backpack and keep a 3 arrow kwikee kwiver inside my pack in the event I need to drop the pack and proceed unencumbered, in which case I'll put the 3 arrow quiver on the bow, but I prefer to keep the quiver off the bow to keep the bow lighter, to reduce the area for wind to affect the bow, and to reduce the amount of stuff on the bow that a deer might see. that system has worked well for me for several years.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use a 5 arrow Apex magnet - slip off quiver. Slip it off in the stand and put it back on to still hunt. I don't find much if any difference shooting with it on or off.

4. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I'll probably go with something like the tightspot, I'll look in to that apex elkguide, I'm just on the fence about the extra weight/wind resistance

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like that set up.
    I have my quivers set up to clip onto my back pack but have gotten caught out a few times because I've dropped my back pack and then needed another arrow.
    I like the idea of a 3 quiver on the bow and maybe a back up quiver of 3 or 4 more on a 2nd quiver on my back pack.

I practice some with 5 arrows on my bow but for the most part I practice with no quiver.

Kilboars Hunt Club

6. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've also darkened my fletching and wrap with magic markers to hide the white wrap and feathers. they are great for a blind or tree stand but on the ground close to deer I prefer having them cami'd up and rely on a lighted nock to track the arrow. I've attached a photo of that little kwikee on my Z7.

bow with 3-kwikee.jpg

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tight spot, same quiver that I use for everything

8. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a tight spot this year for my elk hunt and I freaking love the thing. So adjustable and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. theleo

theleo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bought a quivalizer because I hate how my bow feels when I use my 5 arrow Tight Spot.

10. okcaveman

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm afraid of. If I'm going to hate the way it makes my bow feel, I'll just stick with my current setup and strap my qwikee to the pack, or get something like a catquiver

11. theleo

theleo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't trade having my arrows handy for how they make my bow feel. My backup bow has a Tight Spot on it and unless I was riding my mule or sitting on a wallow, my arrows stayed on my bow. If you haven't elk hunted before you don't quite understand how nice it is to keep everything handy. If I hadn't had the option of the quivalizer I'd have gotten another Tight Spot without thinking twice. For spot and stock, always on the move, I'd recommend you keep your arrows on your bow.