Olympics???

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hillbilly Jedi, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda surprised I haven't seen any threads on the olympics yet. There's been some crazy moments so far for the U.S. Women's soccer team getting beat early and Hope Solo's stupid mouth after the loss. Just saw Walsh and Ross got beat tonight too for Walsh's first match loss on almost 10 years! I also watched some pretty good folks sling some arrows in archery. Putting down some 10's at 75 yards with a target bow looked easy to some of them. What can't you say about Michael Phelps winning his 23rd gold and 27th, I think, overall medal. Simply amazing!

All in all I think the U.S. is doing a pretty dang good job of whooping up overall. What do you guys think? Any moments stand out so far to you?

2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

What a terrible match all around.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It was a nice run, runs end.

4. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Williams sisters have been interesting to watch this year..

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    At least Walsh and Ross came back to win bronze. That was good to see.

Can you believe this crap with Lockte and the other swimmers!? I saw an article today Brazil wight issue a warrant to have Lockte returned to Brazil to sort out all the crap. Apparently they busted up a gas station bathroom and then took off. Then made up the story about the robbery. Aside from the damage they caused to the bathroom, now the character and morale issues come into play which is a much bigger deal to me. How can people be so stupid?

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lochte is a definition of the word "tool". I've never liked him for that simple fact...then he goes all frosted 1990's hair and puts a proverbial cherry on top of his ******bagness with this BS. Tainting an otherwise dominating Olympics for team USA....just imagine if Serena wouldn't have been shocked in tennis singles, the sisters in doubles, Walsh/Ross in VB and our women's soccer team....we'd have 4 more golds or even silvers on the already HUGE list of medals.

Just been crazy. The women's gymnastics team dominated in a way I never thought possible...yea I watch gymnastics...no I'm not gay...they do stuff probably less than 1% of this board can do.

Then yesterday our female wrestler shocks the women's freestyle wrestling world beating 3 time gold medal winner Yoshida....that was another example of why the Olympics are special when our girl I am fairly certain cried tears of joy for over 15 minutes.

7. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017