New bow for me or do I go buy another?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sota, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He has his own land and does gun hunt he wants to get into bow hunting, it is expensive when you start out and have to buy everything.

2. adkhunter1590

adkhunter1590 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Either way get a bow in his hands! I can only wish my father law and I could share the same passion for hunting. We have polar opposite hobbies. He hunted decades ago but now that he's a big successful business man I kinda think he thinks it's a poor mans sport or something. I've tried talking to him about it multiple times but he just tunes me out. He's more interested in showing off his flashy toys that he doesn't even use due to being on vacations across the globe half the year.

Your right, bow hunting isn't cheap to start off with. A lot of equipment you have to get up front. If your in the position to help him get started you really need to do it. Every dad wants a hunting buddy, whether it's your son or son in law. I'm glad I have two little boys who will hopefully someday grow up to be my hunting buddies. That alone will make my life complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are some things the pay dividends for a lifetime, and investing in your daughter's husband is one of them. Plus when you get old enough to need someone to drag you out to the blind, just remind him about the bow you bought him. ;)

4. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get yourself a new bow and pass the old one down. Prime and Elite both make use of solid limbs if that's what you like (I do).

Don't believe the malarkey about solid limbs being weak. If that were true, Elite wouldn't warranty them forever and allow the warranty to transfer to new owners.

5. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't notice anyone saying solid limbs are weak? Pretty much everyone offers something in solid limbs besides maybe Hoyt.

Tags: