Anyone use Wac Em broad Heads?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JHCurtis27, Aug 11, 2016.

1. JHCurtis27

JHCurtis27 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using expandables for a while, but this year moving to fixed broad heads. My first thought was to look at Slick Tricks, but the staff at my archery range ALL use Wac Em broadheads. Has anyone used these? Thoughts on performance in the field? I could get a discount for getting them is why. Simply a money deal...

Thanks for the info in advance!

2. bease21

bease21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Started with ranges then went to he G5. Went back the rages Bc the G5's wouldn't fly straight

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stick with the Tricks. Seen a Wac'em furrell curl up. Never had a trick do that. They will certainly kill but if you hit bone Slick Trick will fair better.

4. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some people prefer to turn slick tricks, some people like to "wac'em", me I like to kill em so I shoot the KILLZONE!

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Wac 'em look to me to be a G5 Stryker clone. Never shot a Wac 'em but if they fly as well as a Stryker then they're a good shooter. I can tell you the G5s fly like darts out to 80 at least. But Slicks were just as (or more) accurate. I only went with the Strykers b/c I figured I'd get better penetration with a 3 blade vs. 4 on big game. I killed a cow elk with a Stryker at 28 yards and would have gotten a pass through on a very slight quarter-to shot had I not hit a rib, deflected to the offside hip which buried the entire length of the arrow in her. The very tip of the arrow managed to poke through the offside hide.

I know they're different brands but they appear to be identical designs.

6. Flying Arrow_Support

Flying Arrow_Support Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used to shoot Wac 'Ems. They fly true, but I always had issues with blades or ferrules breaking. Switched to Toxics and won't look back!

7. realunlucky

realunlucky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pimping your products makes your opinion useless. G5 copied the wac em design both are great fliers g5 has had some furrel issues in the past but wacky em are stronger there. I'd take either with dull blades before I shot a toxic at an animal

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk