NFC North Predictions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Jul 28, 2016.

1. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Uh, jordy Nelson coming back is pretty big. Also, the fact that Eddie lacy has cut his weight and wants to prove to the doubters that he's good. The packers got a good tight end as well. Not that getting a number 1 receiver or number 1 running back is any improvement.

2. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron Rodgers. That is all.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dude...sometimes you gotta stop when ahead...it's only been if memory serves a mere 6 or so years since the Vikings won the division. Only thing worthy of picking on Vikings fans for right now is their Super Bowl Case...

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of what the Vikings success is based on is an aging RB (albeit a STUD) and a QB that at any moment could implode due to being very raw and unproven at this point. I do like what the Vikings Defensive side of the ball has been doing though and they will only be better.

The Packers have accomplished quite a bit this offseason:

#1 - Jordy Nelson being back is huge. When healthy there are only maybe 7-10 guys in the league that would be a #1 over him...if he is 100%. Even if he isn't, the dude is still our best and without him it showed how Cobb cannot be a true #1 and how tighter the offense got.

#2 - Cobb not having to be the #1. With Adams pure poop of a season attempting to fill Nelson void, Cobb was the offense's only true threat which made him the focus of the Defense and we saw how he struggled. This was compounded by the lack of TE seem threat...which leads to #3:

#3 - Jared Cook...while he isn't a Gronk, this guy his extremely athletic and in many ways is more WR than TE at times. The good thing is he's shown he can still block, but he can also scoot down the seem and actually stretch defenses attempting to put a LB on him (few can take him).

#4 - Eddie Lacy not being well...fat. He's connected with Tony Horton (P90x guy) and from photos circulating he I would bet at least cut 20lbs of fat. That would be massive. A RB that as a block of fudge still contributed more than many team's #1 will possibly return to his prior season's totals before last year's painfully slow one for him.

#5 - Clay may not HAVE to play ILB. This is the true crux of the defense. We've HAD to play Clay at ILB due to our sheer lack of an actual 3-down ILB. With Ryan in his 2nd year after a solid rookie season, Barrington "maybe" being healthy it was already better but the drafting of Martinez (which was a steal in the 4th) actually appears like it may solve our issue somewhat. I expect Clay to still line up at ILB some...but it will be different, it will be a choice and not a must.

#6 - A healthy Rodgers...dude was not a 100% and with the rest and I believe 1 or 2 scopes he should feel much better.

#7 - Our extremely young Defensive Backs ain't rookies anymore. Randall and Rollins and even Gunter all contributed, I fully expect that Randall and Rollins both are gonna be in Green Bay for awhile! Not to mention Ha-Ha was still an extremely young Safety...and a stud already.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And defense wins games.

It's not even the fact that I am a Vikings fan and can't stand the Packers, but I think they have a great chance of winning the division again. I am pretty sure every Vikings fan will admit they cringe when Peterson gets the ball, I know I do. Anyone's guess is as good as the next when it comes to Teddy as well. He's got potential but not sure how much he's improved in the offseason.

Packers will be tough, like every year, but I still see them in second place in the division. Time will tell.

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think Teddy will be any worse. Which is a good thing for the Vikings. While I don't see a step back for the Vikings, with everything the Pack has done I don't see them losing the division like last year's abysmal team that still somehow found it's way to nearly a NFC Ship....I hate to admit it too the Lions have made some moves as well that are great for them....I just can't see them getting past the hump and competing for the division though this year, but I bet they have a hand in the fight.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I also predict that the Packers are not going to lose to all the NFC North teams at home. viking fans seem to have forgotten the failure of the offensive line from last year, I don't think signing 1 free agent is going to improve the line that much.

8. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    (1) Soda; Double or Nothing?

The bet: Packers do not win the NFC.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I am concerned I do not go back on a bet? I don't recall placing a wager? and if I did what do I owe you?

Either way the Packers are winning the division this year.

10. Robinson

Robinson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Packers: 13-3
    Viqueens: 9-7
    Bears: 8-8
    Lions: 4-12

GO PACK GO

11. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This 100%

Packers/Rodgers had a "down" year and still went 10-6.

Itll be business as usual this season. Plus our schedule is pretty vanilla.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    All this talk about the vikings winning the division and being a superior team, I would say draft order is more accurate as an indication of how superior a team is. I believe that the Packers did play 1 more playoff game than the vikings and did draft after the vikings, so in the final analysis the vikings once again came up short.

13. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pack wins the division this year. Sorry Viqueen fans. Wildcard berth for you.

14. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This entire thread is just a pissing match between rivals that will ultimately go nowhere.

Ty gave up the most thorough answer of anyone and I appreciate that. I don't have time to type something like that up! My top reasons Vikings will win:

1. Defense. The Vikings may have a top 5 defense this year.
    2. Improved offensive line to help both AP and Teddy.
    3. A healthy Rudolph and Treadwell coming on will allow Rudolph to get downfield more instead of always having to block for AP.
    4. Defense. Our core group of guys are only getting better. I believe we have 3 top 100 players in the league on defense... Not top 100 defensive payers, 3 top 100 players in the league.

Let me say... Our offense does scare me. We need a legitimate playmaker beyond AP. Granted we got one of the most polished WR's out of the draft, I don't think he will step in and be the player we need right away.

Only time will tell.

15. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bears and Lions fans being awfully quiet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jake I honestly believe the vikings would be better without AP, the two backs behind him are pretty damn good at all facets of the game except running 4.5 yards per carry.

17. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    AP is the focal point of our offense. Until he shows signs of slowing down I think we need to keep building game plans around him. McKinnon and Asiata are serviceable... But they're not AP serviceable.

18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I'm calling you out in a wager of either a beer swap or avatar control (or both) based on who wins the division.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never going to be an elite team in 2016 with a running back as a focal point of the offense especially one that is just a 2 down back.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

That is balzy Brad, kinda surprised. You and Tony going to have the buckless big deer wager again this year?:evilgrin: