Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 18andrew, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bunch of puritans over reacting self righteous, live a little, right?:beer:

2. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't drink so my opinion on this is obviously biased but that sounds kinda like a whole lotta bad idea to me.

Drinking while scouting from blind ?sure why not.
    Drinking while hunting in a blind ?maybe
    Drinking while hunting in a tree stand ?hell no

Also seems like it would represent hunters in a bad way.

But if it's legal and you enjoy it then go for it by all means,it's a free country.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  3. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You hunt your way, I'll hunt my way.
    Tree time is something different for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Adamjjf

Adamjjf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You know, I'm not a puritan and never was. If you can sit in a tree and have just one or two, go for it. I used to, but don't drink anymore.

5. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    gone out after a few during football games but never had one in the stand .

6. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What he said.....^^^ Far too many slip or miss a step or whatever every archery season, so adding alcohol to the mix is foolhardy in my opinion. Frankly, if you need substances to enhance your enjoyment of creation, you are missing something vital in life. Plus I presume you are driving home after the consumption, which brings in another set of variables and risks. If that makes me a Puritan......I can live with that over a lush or booze head.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  7. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if your post is serious or not???

If your serious I'm guessing your pretty young and there is still some novelty to drinking. I won't even go into the basic rules of safe firearm handling. Hopefully as you mature you will be able to enjoy these same experiences without alcohol. I'm pretty fortunate as I have had many great experiences and adventures over the years and have never felt like a couple beers would have made it better. In fact if I do have a thought about what could make an experience better it usually is "i wish so and so was here to see this".
    Please be careful out there.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well when you admit to drinking "2-3 beers" while watching the sunset, which is prime time, you aren't doing much hunting kicking back and popping tops that's for sure.

I like a cold beer or a good bourbon after an evening hunt, successful or not, but back at camp or settled in at home.

9. Pine tops

Pine tops Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think safety is the first rule. Accidents happen with or without alcohol. Any presents of alcohol about the person involved overshadows what caused the accident. This is most important if the accident impacts others. It can open up issues of liability. Ten of us lease property and none of us want to be in the woods with fellow hunters drinking. My thoughts, however to each there own.

10. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Duck blind yes. Tree stand no.

Primarily b/c I don't want to pee every 20 minutes. Like someone else noted, I'm good shooting for 2 beers. Once I get beer #3 in me, my shooting goes downhill.

11. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've done it once and can promise you I won't do it again. Took a couple beers to the blind with me for an evening sit, beginning of October. Got through my third beer and final beer, and was ready to "hunt". Low and behold, my hunting buddy sends me a text saying that the big 8 we were hunting that year just passed him and was walking in my direction. For the first time in my hunting career I was praying that buck didn't walk to me. Not because I was drunk or even buzzed, but because I didn't have a 100% clear mind. The 140" buck skirted me at about 70 yards and to be honest I was relieved. Hunting whitetails is hard enough and if you add drinking into the equation, you are just drastically lowering your odds of killing a buck, and increasing your odds of hurting yourself. Velvet season is a great time to watch the sunset and have a beer while watching bachelor groups in a bean field.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So drinking isn't right but using electronic communication to assist in a hunt (against the law in every state) is acceptable. Funny how we pick and choose what laws do or don't apply. Much like the people who find it acceptable to rip anothers decision to not wear a safety harness but do not wear gloves and safety glasses when they shoot their bow.

13. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Learn something new everyday. Here's a question though, I post a thread asking for advice from the BHOD forums and am scrolling through reading the advice on stand, lock me up orrr? I wasn't saying drinking while hunting was right or wrong, just saying that it is not what I want while I hunt, that's for sure.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You should be slapped about the head and shoulders for even touching your phone while hunting.

15. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a Richard Cheney waiting to happen. lol

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.