2nd Time Coming?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Jul 6, 2016.

1. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That leaves out Democrats. OHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It has to start with term limits. Gary Johnson is for term limits... So were the founding fathers.

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's assuming that every military and police department would turn on the citizens the began the revolt. Would be more of a problem to get enough people to say they've had enough.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

4. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Herein lies the problem.

While I don't agree with your sentiment, I agree with the statement. Insert "and Republicans" and we'd be onto something. Fox News, CNN, Republicans, Democrats have all caused We the People to divide. There is very little bipartisan work because the whole darn country thinks that there is only one way to skin this cat. That would be incorrect.

The way this country works (worked?) best is by compromise and balance. Doing things 100% the Republican way will not make the world's problems go away. Likewise for Democrats. When did people forget how all of this works? You aren't supposed to be predisposed to "being a R or D." You may be more conservative or more liberal and tend to vote a certain way, but your mind should not ever be made up in advance of even knowing who the candidates for any election are going to be.

As for the revolution... Lord help us if something like that ever comes to be. The sharks are always circling, just wait until they smell blood...

5. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I get both repubs and dems suck.. but look at places like Cali and my state, Illinois. You know what you can do on the 4th in my state? You can have sparklers, snakes and smoke bombs! The Democrats want to save the 2 or 3 idiots that may blow off a finger or two, so we all pay. Have you seen the gun laws they just passed in Cali? Im sick of them tellin ppl what they can do and cant do, what they can have and what they cant have... bs

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In a nut shell I think all of our countries systems have become too big for their britches. Government, healthcare, food, banks....

So big that changing the current systems cannot happen without something sincerely catastrophic. Nuclear War, complete economic collapse (not the "awww, my 401k lost 25%, boo hoo type. The **** I can't buy a loaf of bread or gallon of gas for under $100 kind), civil war, global disease outbreak, zombies, what have you....

When something like that goes down, I'll be even happier with my location of residence.

Honestly, until then I only think it'll get worse.

Now, I also think the internet and "information age" has done nothing but compound the issue. Sure, much good has come from it, and I'm a sucker for technology, but at the end of the day whether S. Carolina can or can't allow a dude to dress up like a girl and legally go into the women's public restroom, should not be a factor in my overall happiness.

FB is the worst IMHO for the contentment and "education" of the general public

/Rant

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Totally agree, well said.

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree if things keep up the way they are going, we will end up having some sort of 2nd revolution but I don't think it will be as the 1st was. There may be some groups, organizations, or mulishas (however you want to describe them) possibly waging a war but our current military is too strong. As a former military member, we take an oath to protect against foreign AND domestic. There is no nation on this earth who can defeat our U.S. Military and I am proud for that.

IF there is a 2nd revolution coming, it will be waged in a different way. I'm not sure how but I don't think anyone needs to go guns a blazing in a full out revolution. This is not wise for us as a nation.

This in no way means I agree with most of what our government is doing. I will agree with what some have said about their place in life. After loosing my house about 4 years ago to the drastic economy decline, I now own another home, built a kick a$$ pool 2 months ago and just got a new truck in January. Three years ago I decided to get a bow and start hunting with my dad again. We've spent more time together in the past 3 years than we did in the last 15 and I'm truly thankful to have done this. He's taught me a lot and we've made some memories hopefully neither of us will ever forget. I'm raising 2 wonderful daughters and have a son I'm very proud of with what he's done in life. I also have a wife who loves me enough to put up with me and after I think about it, as crappy as our government is sometimes, I don't think this would be possible in a lot of other countries in the world. I do the best I can to raise my children with the right morals and values I think they should have to hopefully be successful in life. We are in no way perfect as a nation but if I sit and think about everything I have and what I've done in life to this point, I'm pretty lucky and satisfied.

But yes our government does need a good "Attention getter" from good ol' Sheriff Buford T. Justice if you catch my drift.

9. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One of the major problems is that as the country has matured it has gone from a "country first" attitude to a "me first" attitude. The founding fathers were willing to give up everything for their freedoms, if they lost the "revolution" then they would be prosecuted for treason and executed. It is a sad day when we honor them by allowing the country to become what it is today whether you are a republican or a democrat. We have been lulled to sleep on the milk of complacency and self-satisfaction to the point where we may be angry and disgusted but unwilling to take any form of action simply because our "life is too good". While I am not a proponent of armed insurrection we have far too many good decent people in this country simply unwilling to stand up and say anything while a tiny minority is making all the decisions and making us dance like a bunch of puppets. We are complacent as a society or else we would have the impetus to change.

10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Strange thing tynimiller is I had this exact thought last week. People may call 2nd Amendment supporters "gun lovers' but wait and see what happens when that right is no longer afforded every citizens. Like others said, "Remember Nazi Germany!" Fitz is right, it is going to take a Catastrophic event for things to change here. Sad but true. It sickens me how corrupt government and big business have become. The advent of the Credit card has given birth to a society that believes it can have more than it can truly afford. Sinking this country into Huge Debt! Maybe it is me getting older, but the State of our country saddens and worries me. The youth if this country has very little moral foundation. The ability to instill these rights have been taken away from parents by a society the usurps any thing it deems no longer necessary. i e. Corporal punishment, religion and so on. I agree this country WILL FALL and it will ROT from within. What we are seeing is the decay starting to take place before our very eyes.

11. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    But here is the thing....old white guys sit around and post on the computer, thinking they are patriots.....not much else. Personally, I was so angry with the Hillary situation, I was ready to go loot and burn the local CVS........but then I realized that they don't open til 9 and I need to be at work by 6........

12. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have watched the gradual decay of the political system my entire life. It is not surprising to me to see the division within the country getting worse. I am very interested in what goes on in the political scene, but I do not get involved in voting or being "pro" or "anti" on any political issue. I am politically neutral, because there is a reason we see these things happening, and a solution that none of us have any control over.

Matt 24:6-13
    Dan 2:41-44

13. Bowbunter k-32

Bowbunter k-32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely!!!