Gold Tip GTO bushings

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by alaska at heart, Jun 24, 2016.

1. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found a great deal on a dozen Hunter Pro 400 fletched arrows on Amazon early this spring and bought them as my first trial of GT shafts after a long haul with Eastons. They came with GTO bushings and nocks installed, but had to be cut to length and have the point inserts installed......which I can easily do at home. Recently I found a good deal on a dozen of the same shafts rather than fletched arrows, but when they arrived the GTO bushings were loose in a package with the nocks. I have epoxy, insert adhesive and hot melt readily available, so was wondering what any of you who have used GT shafts have done to install the GTO bushings???

2. b_fitnik

b_fitnik Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. alaska at heart

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard of the plastic bag trick, but normally for components that don't fit quite right. No problem using an adhesive, but wondered which one and why???

4. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would use the plastic bag or low temp hot melt. Otherwise, you won't be able to remove them without damaging the arrow when you sing the bushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I'm new to GTO bushings? I've shot the GT XT Hunters 5575/400 for almost 3 years now and I just glue the insert and put in the nock. Everything fits tight. Are the bushings something extra for your nocks?

6. realunlucky

realunlucky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it's a nock bushing. Mine came glued in from gold tip with what looked like a super glue type finish. I used a drill bit and knocked all the bushing out and went with standard gt nocks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. alaska at heart

Dislikes Received:
    I shot an email to GT to see what they had to say and they confirmed that the GTO bushings are glued in on completed arrows. They recommended gluing them in, but I have not done anything with them yet. So far the GTO bushings have saved a few arrows and definitely some nocks from being destroyed.......although the arrow that hits them becomes a "flier" from the kiss off. I like them and will continue to use them.