Bow Club is getting to big for there pants.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by x ring300, Jun 27, 2016.

1. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have belong to a archery club for 30 years and always enjoyed going there .But last Monday I got turned off from it . Every monday in the summer they have a outside broadhead league .Well a key for the club house was never needed for outdoors. But now some bright person on the board makes it mandatory that you have to have a key for the club house to shoot any league's inside or outside. Funny thing its not in club's bylaws or league intro's:mad::mad::mad:
    I even called the club president about this and he cannot even return my call.I live about 40 miles one way from the club and would not get use out of a key and I will not travel in winter to shoot.So I'm going to boycott the range some this summer and maybe longer we'll see .What get's me is being badgered to buy a key .And treating a 30 year member this way who is a life member and help to somewhat build the club. Guess I will be shooting in my yard and maybe just maybe go some 3d shoots this summer we'll see. Very much hurt .Am I in the wrong or not.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What is so hard about getting a key?

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be ticked too, if I had been there for 30 years and with the new guys deciding that you have to buy a key to get in and participate. Don't know if boycotting will help your position. Hopefully others will understand how the old timers feel and make accommodations for you. Are there others that share your view and have put in the time and years too?

4. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know if there is or if there just going along with it .I might just buy a key and leave it ride to.Keys are not very expensive but being a life member we should get a choice or a life key . Don't know the answer.

5. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like you've tried to talk to them but I'd be interested to hear what their reason is for making it mandatory to have a key. There are only two things certain in life......change and death. If you only have to spend $5 for a key and never use it for the indoor range, it may be easier to just get the key and not use it. Depends on what you wanna do. I get the principle of the matter for you but it may not be a battle worth fighting. That's up to you. Good luck whatever happens.

6. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your advice. The key is $15.00 and must be repurchased yearly.I love shooting bow more than anything so I might go along with it but it's not right.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that is a more than just a key that is fund raising, can I ask what the membership cost is each year?

8. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A member in good standing should just get a key or that's how it works at our club get a gate key and board votes to see if u get a club house key work hrs. In and in good stand $15 seems like someone is lining there pockets I'd be up set also

9. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I pay $125 per year for membership and key to an archery range. An access key is required for both the gated outdoor range and indoor range. I don't even shoot very often and still don't have a problem with the cost.

It's $15. Pay it and move on with your life.

10. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    Working Membership is $45.00 and 10 hr's work/Nonworking is $145.00/Life is $1000.00 but back when I bought mine it was $300.00 a key is sold for $15.00

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And you have to buy a new key every year? Seems like the board could have done a better job in explaining this new policy. I will say this the older I get the more I notice a generational change in the way younger people think and communicate. Try texting the president instead of a phone call.:confused:

12. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keys are not that expensive to have made. We pay $50 and 20 work hrs. New members r $105 for first yr then $50 if hrs are put in or its $100 for non work members but we don't have an indoor range

13. x ring300

Dislikes Received:
    Got some good news tonight . Talked to Vice President of my Club and as far as he knows there is no rule on clubhouse keys required for outdoor league. He is going to bring it to the board's attention.