Trail cam compilation

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by powerstro284, Jun 23, 2016.

1. powerstro284

powerstro284 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just getting into this kind igniting let me know what you think and what I could do better thankshttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPuMQLs7mjE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Start using your trail cameras as hunting tools and not just to get pics. Meaning, map them out in terms of time of year and time of day so that this year when you hunt you will know that in early September they are in a specific location during the day but in late October that may change completely. You will gain a lot of knowledge by organizing in dates, times, and weather. I found a huge pattern in the location the deer on my property live from just different weeks out of the year. If you can figure the pattern out and map it out year to year, then instead of hunting the wrong stand when going out you might put a big buck on the wall.

3. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I fully understands the time and effort it took to do that and can appreciate that.

If you're looking to do more I would personally would try to capture all critters and in the daylight if you plan on making a video again. I stopped watching about a minute in after small bucks at night made up most of the pictures. If deer are your primary object and you're looking for intel to help kill them they you're doing just fine but I see no reason to take the time to make a video of them. Most guys only use trail cameras as a tool for hunting. I personally think they're missing out on a great hobby.

Here's one I did from a few years back....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. powerstro284

powerstro284 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all your feedback your video was awesome I learned a lot from watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Hendrix_Z

Hendrix_Z Newb

Dislikes Received:
    gutone,

Awesome video you put together there. Plenty of great deer, and a color phase coyote to boot! Thanks for sharing!

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great Advice Pat!

7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pat is right. I think most of us started out just wanting to get pics of deer and that's fine if that's what you want to do. But it really can become it's own hobby. You can do it year round, you will begin to want to capture as many different species as you can, and when you graduate to waterfowl pics, you will see just how versatile your camera can be. whatever you decide, have fun! Here's a few of mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blessings..........Pastorjim