Rubbing Post

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by stillmanchad, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree wholeheartedly. My father has ben working for many years perfecting a glandular sent for licking branches and rub posts. Regardless of the type or brand of glandular scent you apply to the branch or post you will greatly increase your effectiveness.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took down a 12 foot cedar, stripped the branches and put it 20 yards from our stand near our new pond and clover. The soil is peat so well have to cement it in. Hopefully it gets hit. We also plan on drilling in a hanging branch for scrapes. Watch bhod this summer and you'll see the footage. Thanks for the input everyone!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

3. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ted Miller has some great footage, wonder if he uses scents too? He did not show any during setup video.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Really good thread. I am going to employ some of these tactics this year as information gathering. I can't really use them on my main piece I hunt, but will use a camera on a rubbing post or two in an area with a decent buck population as a test run.

5. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like he did mention buck fever synthetics in one of his videos on making those horizontal rubs...not sure which one. Not sure if its still going on but buck fever had a 50% off sale going on their website. I am excited to try it. I've used code blue forehead gland gel in the past with pretty weak results.