Turkey Team #5 Gobbler Haulers

Discussion in '2016 Turkey Contest' started by nsuthoff, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still at it, had 2 gobblers about 75-100 yards away, but hung up. Still hearing birds, so we are going to keep at it.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

2. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure the neighboring property killed three this morning, all within 3 min. Never heard them calling, but I was, sounded like they were coming my way and two shotgun rounds and small caliber rifle shot. So I have no clue what they massacred this morning. Pretty pissed about it.

3. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sound about like my trip this morning. Talked to the neighbor he killed one about 6:30, I am not sure if it had flown down. Then had some birds working towards us and got to the property line and someone went to shooting three times. Don't know if they killed anything, but didn't hear anything after that. Heard allot of birds just couldn't close the deal.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

4. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I only heard those two, after the shots, nothing. I have a different peppery I'll go to tomorrow morning, haven't scouted but I'm sure there are some birds. Gonna let the cameras watch today's spot and see what happens.

5. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I'm lucky. Gun season doesn't open here for a couple weeks.

6. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's everyone plans for this week's hunting?

It's looking like maybe Wednesday morning for an hour or two at first light and Saturday for some late morning for me. I might be able to get in an evening or two as well but that won't be known until it's go time.

7. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im going to be hunting for the answers to all my homework, Turkey season doesnt start here for a few more weeks.

8. nsuthoff

nsuthoff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting Saturday morning then have a trash pick up at 10:00. Back at it after that then all day Sunday. Hopefully it doesn't take that long.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

9. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All my hunts will be mostly run an gun and I want be out til the weekend but good luck to everybody opening day

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

10. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fired up a gobbler yesterday while driving. He was just walking along the highway. I honked a few times to see if that would get him away from the road. He gobbled everytime I honked. Pretty funny stuff.

Dumbest smart bird they ever made.

11. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, haven't been around for a little while. My season starts April 30th. Very excited for this season. Have two tags in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well just picked up my new Halon and I think I'm ready to shoot a bird ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1459983999.475892.jpg

13. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I planned to grab a couple hours of hunting this morning before work. Got to the spot where I had my blind set up and there it was, gone. The wind took it, leaving my stool and decoy behind.

I thought I had tucked it back into the tree line far enough to be out of the wind. I thought wrong.

14. nsuthoff

nsuthoff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks. Did you find it back? That's the reason I'm not using a blind this year, wind has taken 2 even with them tied for it flipped and tore them up

15. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, couldn't find it anywhere. I'm not surprised. We've had winds that gust to 50+ for the last few days.

16. nsuthoff

nsuthoff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Could have been stolen too. We had a neighbor steal one off the middle of our 365 acres. Only knew he stole it when we saw it on the back of his truck.

17. nsuthoff

nsuthoff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Opening day for me tomorrow. Tried to roost some tonight but no gobbled were heard. Probably to windy. Forecast says it's gonna be a cold one

18. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck weather is definitely been crazy over the place. I'm headed out today to set up my blind and put cameras out and just wait for Monday morning to get here

19. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

That thought crossed my mind as well but the fact that my chair and decoy were left behind leads me to think theft wasn't the cause. It's gone either way.

Good luck to those that are hitting the woods this weekend. I hope we can get some points up on the board. I injured my right eye while sharpening my lawn mower blades. It's doing better now but it will be another day or two before I can shoot again.

My bad luck should be running out pretty soon, I hope.

20. nsuthoff

nsuthoff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'm sorry. Should have some nice points up on the board but my arm didn't cooperate. Walked in and as I was walking by where they like to roost one gobbled. Look over and there he his 75 yards away up in a tree. Go get set up and call a little bit. By now there's 3 gobbling where he is and a few more around. Well they won't gobble to my calls. So I sit there and all of a sudden start hearing drumming. Hear this for about 5 minutes then see a fan. So I draw back and get ready and here they come. 2 huge gobblers strut in. I settle my pin and release... And the arrow hits the dirt. Dang thing hit my sleeve. Nick another and see 2 more heads. I didn't see a beard so I just sat there. Well when they came out in front of me I saw they were makes. Just before they got in woods I draw back and release. Just missing low on him. I'm done for the morning but will be back out tomorrow and this afternoon. Good luck to everybody else!