Shooting tips?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by kurveball18, Feb 25, 2016.

1. fferazzi1

fferazzi1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same problem shooting low. With the front stabilizer only the bow had a tendency to want to naturally move down. As another person mentioned, once I added a back bar the bow balanced out better which improved my shooting tremendously.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, shooting when fatigued/tired can lead to some bad habits, most notable could be target panic. You release the arrow before it's actually on target, getting poor results.

I've had it a long while ago where I actually missed the target by feet! I think the big player in target panic is anticipating the release of the arrow and it kind of freaks you out. lol

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're just wanting to get your muscle memory back and help beat target panic. Blind shooting will help tremendously. It keeps your brain from worrying about aiming, just focusing on anchoring, releasing, following through properly. Once your Form is tuned up then go back to target practice. Good luck. Target Panic is the weirdest feeling, not being able to control your arm. I can remember looking at my arm and trying to will it to go up and nothing would happen. LOL

4. PROTECTOR

PROTECTOR Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have suffered pretty terribly from target panic in the past. These days, I do more drawing, aiming, and letting down than I do actually shooting. This has been a tremendous help as I have seen proven results in hunting situations. I focus on aiming, breathing, and letting the pin float on target. Do this long enough (it has taken me 2 years) and you will build muscle memory and retrain the brain. Good luck!

Sent from somewhere in the woods of NC.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great advice!!

6. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Easy fix. I PMed you.