340 spine

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by killer chill-r, Mar 13, 2016.

1. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm getting a Pse Drive on trade tomorrow, it has 60# limbs. It will be set at 30" DL & max DW. Do y'all think that a 340 spine will be to stiff? I just picked up 2 dozen Easton Nemesis in 340 spine & with a 125gr tip they weigh 460gr. I would like to shot these that way I want have to buy any 400 spine arrows. Also y'all think that 460gr is a little heavy for a 60# bow that ibo's at 326?

2. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not even close to being too heavy. That is about as light as I would ever go.

Did you have the arrows cut already? How long? If you cut your arrows to 28" you're setup will be spined perfectly.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot 340's out of my 60# bow @ 28.5". Shoot well.

4. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are cut to 29". I also shoot these out my Arena 30.

5. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slightly on the weak side, but should be pretty good. If you dropped your weight to 58 you'd be spot on.

6. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i shoot 340 spine....and I have only killed one deer with the bow...but it did the job perfectly

with my target practicing I have never had any trouble with them

7. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think your spine should be fine. You could always trim the arrow a little or reduce your weight up front to 100g to get a little more stiffness out of your arrow. Everyone has their own opinions on weight/speed when it comes to their setup's. I shoot 460g arrow myself, but I like to keep my bow around 280fps or more, no matter the poundage or bow I'm shooting. Depending what and when you are hunting, some animals are just very alert during certain times of the year and can jump a string without question when you're going out to 30yds. I love the penetration of a 460grain arrow, but that doesn't help you when your target jumps your arrow. I would lighten up a little if you can, or lighten your string to get a little more speed. I'm not a speed freak by any means, but feel comfortable with a realistic hunting setup that reaches 280fps. IBO doesn't mean anything to me.