Does this concern anyone else

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you are at a peaceful protest. you are following every city code, and you have these tax wasting POS leaches following you around. should it be raising concerns about the future of our 1st amendment rights. What do you guys think? here are a few pictures.

These are federal police "Homeland security". they are not local PD. the local PD came out and said they support our rally.
    [​IMG]

we did have a bit of fun with them though
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CHP told us we had to leave because we were causing traffic on the highway, but local PD told us we were within our rights to stay, so we did.

[​IMG]

Regardless if you agree with the protest or not. as you can see it was a small peaceful rally. there is no need for feds to be following us around. "Homeland security" my a$$.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree 100% with your position.

But the Constitution guarantees your right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances.

3. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    All im saying. is why the hell are they wasting tax dollars having homeland security follow us all day,

4. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    "Justice for Lavoy"

Come on. Get serious. The dude tried to run a road block and murder federal agents.

Then when confronted reached into his jacket.

You have a right to protest and the police and homeland have a right to be there. If you are mad about them following you and "wasting money" then go home and don't protest.

By the looks of that protest and "rally" nobody around really cares too much.

5. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where can one find the back story on this?

6. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lavoy wanted to die, period. Those that would protest his death should expect some attention from authorities. But, I agree that you have that right.

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My questions to you are:

1) at any point were you on or near federal property? Those are FPS officers, and their job is basically a glorified security guard for federal properties

2) as FPS officers, they were already on the clock. Were they wasting taxpayers' dollars? Valid point. But they would have been collecting that check either way, so is it such a bad thing they were actually doing something rather than sitting in the nearest fed building with their thumbs up their bums? As long as they didn't interfere I see no problem. And I'm about as libertarian as a sane person could be

3) while many could sympathize with your cause, if you are reasonably suspected of being armed, flee law enforcement, nearly ram a vehicle roadblock, then refuse to obey verbal commands and reach into your coat while facing officers issuing said verbal commands...you gonna get shot. Many times

8. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've already acknowledged the Constitutional right to hold a peaceful demonstration.

As far as the subject of the demonstration is concerned, suicide by cop is a well established method of ending one's life. And I, for one, firmly believe that everyone has the right to end his own life. But I also firmly believe that one should do it without requiring the assistance of anyone else, particularly that of a police officer.

9. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It certainly is wasting our tax $. Of course 20 years of federal grazing fees would easily cover the expense

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the same boat as others. You 100% have the right to lawfully organize a rally and what you did.

As for the cause, Lavoy to me is no more innocent than Michael Brown or similar cases where they flee...or avoid...or attempt to take a law enforcement officer's life.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ranchers lives matter.

12. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    This is a link for a timeline leading up to the protest in OR.
    What You Need to Know about Standoff at Oregon's Malheur National Wildlife Refuge... » Louder With Crowder

this is the full uncut fbi video. Note that they shoot at the truck with inocent people in it for almost 10 minutes after killing lavoy
    Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016 - YouTube

witness accounts from two people in the truck that were released.
    Victoria Sharp - Interview of her account of what happened when Robert Lavoy Finicum was murdered - YouTube
    Shawna Cox Testimony of the Death of LaVoy Finicum - YouTube

Did lavoy do what you shouldnt do if you dont want to be killed by cops. Hell yes. I would agree with that. but all the other times **** like this happens. an investigation is conducted. they refused to do one here. I was apart of this rally not just because of that. but all the issues leading up to the event. and the countless other time that ranchers out west have been pushed off there land for BS. Plus. the feds had no right to shoot at the people in the truck after lavoy was killed. they had shown no sign of being a threat or not cooperating.

BLM burning land and killing cattle in areas they are trying to push out the ranchers
    BLM Working at Burning Frenchglen-July 10, 2012 - YouTube

There is a ton of stuff out there that makes all this very alarming. Some of the odder things are that the mayor, governor and sheriff were all appointed, Not voted in due to scandals involved in the elected officials, and the old sheriff suddenly retired. Also keeping in mind that the BLM pushed for the double jeopardy on the hammond family. the new appointed sheriff was a BLM agent. This can all be looked up on government site as public records. if anyone needs links i will find them.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like truth. I like speaking about the TRUTH when speaking with people whom I normally have differences of opinion. The truth is a powerful thing and when speaking about a tragic event it should wielded with certainty and without being skewed.

The poster in your picture said he was murdered. FALSE. You guys are carrying around a poster and perpetuating a lie. Why resort to such disingenuous tactics when the truth is so much more powerful?

14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is an investigation into law enforcement actions that day. I saw on Drudge earlier (can't find link quick now but I think it was from oregonlive.com) that the Feebs are being investigated for false statements. Can't remember exact details but apparently several shots were fired into stopped vehicle after the driver exited which were determined to not have come from State troopers weapons so by process of elimination it was the Feebs...who told a different story than the physical evidence suggests.

doesn't mean the shoot of Lavoy was not a good shoot, but what happened after...yeesh

15. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like there was definitely something emanating from the vehicle, whether shots or something else. certainly doesn't look like those left in the vehicle were just sitting their twiddling their thumbs And those two eye witness accounts are worthless.

16. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Well. The Feds just released a cell phone video recorded by shawna cox who was in the truck... After watching it. I have to say. Lavoy was killed justly. There is no denying it. From the aerial video it looked to me like he droped his hands because he was being shot because he kept lifting his hands and dropping them. But I found a video that they linked the video with audio of the cell phone . The first shot was fired and he immediately droped. Although it still doesn't justify them shooting up the truck. Currently they are investigating the truck being shot at and why the Feds didn't put that in there report.

17. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    I felt that he was murdered. And I wanted to see an investigation done. They released Shawn's coxs cell phone video the day after the protests were done. And after watching it. I know there was no question in wether or not his shooting was justified. But I wasn't sure before, and there original statement that they were not going to do an investigation made me question the validity of the shooting. I'm not some idiot that is going to get all pissy about somthing no matter what the evidence is. And I was wrong. I can admit that. But there was no reason for the Feds to shoot at the truck. That's a whole different issue though.

18. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
  19. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
  20. Bowhunter352

Bowhunter352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure this will offend someone so whatever.. I feed my family off my land you try to take my land your taking food out of my family's mouth and that ain't gonna happen as long as I'm breathing most not all of the feds are legalized thief's only thing I would have done differently than him is I wouldn't have swerved my vehicle I would have him em all head on.. He was doing what every man should do and protecting what is rightfully his