Trump

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dubbya, Feb 23, 2016.

1. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    all I know is that if Hillary is president I will give up as an American. I guess i'll move to Canada. maybe when puten gets after her she will start barking like a dog again. anyone that is smart enough to be president is smart enough to know better then to run for that job. I can't imagine 4-8 more years of this Obama crap if she gets in there. my business is struggling and if this trend continues much longer I'm not sure what will happen for me financially. I guess i'll go on welfare and let the gov. pay everything for me and hunt all the time. lol

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't be surprised at how stupid and/or ignorant the vast majority of the voting public in this country is. Just dangle something shiny there and they're sucked in.

Also, Trump and the Clintons have been friends for decades. I really think Trump's run is a bet between him and Bill and Hillary will be the winner.

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    And we'll all be losers.

4. davydave86

davydave86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^ nailed it. ^^^^

5. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly don't think it matters. Its all a **** sandwich it just depends on how big of a bite you wanna take. Until something changes in every other aspect of goverment that people don't stay in office for 30 years nothing will change.

6. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    So, you don't think it matters who wins (hypothetically) between Hillary or Cruz all because there are career politicians?

7. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just like attorneys

8. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    That guy is a nut. Entertaining though. I'm sure about 50% of his conspiracy theories are accurate.

9. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Now your on to something! :lol: . On a more serious note, you are not alone. I consider myself upper lower class. As an Industrial Electrician that works a butt load of O.T. I still feel the crunch. And my company pays a decent wage. I've been spending a lot of time restructuring my lifestyle. No more keeping up with The Jones' cause The Jones' are probably in alot of DEBT!

10. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    I already got rid of my employees. now I am forced to subcontract because I can't afford the employees anymore. businesses in my area are downsizing everywhere. not good! I see a crap storm on the horizon.

11. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to go off topic , but as someone with employees, I'm interested in why you chose to subcontract instead of pay employees. I've looked at that in the past and even with unemployment, SS and medicare I was better off with employees than subcontracting.

12. Peterc

Peterc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    May the Best Liar win.

13. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    America demands the best liar though. We vote for the guy that makes the best sounding promises. "I'm gonna repeal obama care on the first day" - complete BS. You need congress to repeal that and and there is no way it can happen in a day let alone a month and that is with a republican control of both the house and senate. That's what makes me made is that America votes for the biggest liar then complains when they don't make good on there promises. Instead of asking candidates what they are going to do all we should care about is what their beliefs and stances are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The problem is most of these people are habitual liars so they lie about what they believe in too. :lol:

15. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gary Johnson 2016! :usa:

16. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Not really because for the most part they, the Potus, can only do so much solo. There's still a house and Senate that votes and passes laws. Political office was never meant to be a lifetime job.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  17. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think the current POTUS is good for our country? Do you think we would be different if McCain won in 2008?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trump's success thus far has nothing to do with his political platform, it has to do with the American people being fed up with the two parties. As already mentioned, 99% of all politicians are a bunch turds who wine and dine together after they fight tooth and nail against each other in front of the media and in session. Trump is either going to be a success and the parties will be forced to change, he'll be moderate and things will go on with no change, or he'll be a complete failure and the establishment will have the last laugh. No matter the outcome, there is no fix for the federal government just by electing one man. The state we are in is just prolonging the inevitable disaster waiting. Many people like to compare the USA to the rest of the world, which I think is useless and pointless. We SHOULD only compare "current USA" to "as founded USA". The current state of our federal government is a joke, a blood curdling joke.

19. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    it was a hard decision to make. the workmans comp just crushed me. I was surviving but wasn't getting ahead. after workmans comp, ss, federal tax, state tax, local tax, medicare, unemployment, etc. just became too much overhead. if I would've raised my rates anymore I would be too expensive and lose jobs. so I started to sub contract and noticed my bank account doing much better. they carry all their own insurance and pay their own taxes. less headaches for me. I don't have full time subs, just when I need a hand. they all have their own businesses to run as well. we all just give each other a hand as needed. otherwise I work alone and only take jobs I can handle. and the other subs do the same. it is working well for everyone. as you know employees have a hard time showing up to work, ruin all your tools, slack off when your not around, etc. I just got tired of it. I don't live in a big city or things might be different. my town is only like 10,000 people. we have a lot of contractors which creates a lot of competition. somedays I miss having someone there full time but I know the consequences of employees and the stress of feeding someone elses' family. hope this explains things a little better for you. downsizing is not something you like to do but it helps keep my business strong.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  20. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    No and no not really. All I'm saying is any president isn't going to change much or do most of what is promised while it's still the same people in the rest of the goverment. It's getting to the point now that nothing gets done because neither party wants to do anything the other wants.