Blue Maxima Or Blue RZ

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by killer chill-r, Feb 10, 2016.

1. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I should be going to get my HTX Friday or next Monday, I'm gonna go with the 60# in black. I'm gonna go with a blue d-loop, blue pull string for the rest, blue cat whiskers & blue peep, so it only makes sense to get black & blue arrows. Which one arrows would you run RZ or Maxima? I've always went with fairly cheap arrows but since I'm going with all new stuff might as well match the arrows.

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Word of advice... Don't get arrows because they match the color of your bow.

Research and get an arrow setup that will work for your setup. I think either the Maximas or RZs would work fine, but just saying.

3. Talon_Ab77

Talon_Ab77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely agree with MnHunterr, it also depends on what game you are targeting. Those arrows are relatively light.

4. Simsboro14

Simsboro14 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you are going after white tail the maxima blu is great. Anything larger you need to with the maxima red or hunter

5. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have not used either but just giving my opinion. I agree with the Talon_Ab77 they are really light arrows. I watch quite a few hunting shows and quite a few guys use them but I don't seem a lot of pass thrus with them. If you do use them I would make sure your in the 58-60 pound range on your bow and use a heavy tip to aid in penetration. Again, depends on what your going to hunt. I'd also possibly look at getting a heavier insert as well.

If your more of a 3d target shooter then either of these arrows would work great.

Keep in mind I have no used either but I think for a 50-60 pound setup your much better off having arrows in the 8-10gpi range

6. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just an FYI.. Deer can see Blue the greatest out of all UV colors. Blue is my favorite color, but my bow setup is green and black to ensure deer can't see it.

Just a thought..

7. CLG73

CLG73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I liked the flight of the maxima Blue Select but they are light and in turn your bow is louder. I just switched to DeepSix FMJ's and could not be happier!

Sent from iPhone