You have got to be kidding me!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Skywalker, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Bowhunter352

Bowhunter352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I try to stay out of the political part of things and in the bible.. I feel thats what this country need more of..Things got all whacky when someone decided to take the good Lord out of the schools and what not

2. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I over heard someone the other day saying they were leaning towards either Trump or Sanders.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seems legit.....

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There's a fairly rational argument to be made that a vote for either is a vote to burn down the whole professional Politicrat establishment.

5. Coda

Coda Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would say my belief would be to abolish political parties all together and make voting mandatory for anyone with a social id card. If people are truly like minded then they will vote the same way. I also think the top 2 picked should be president and vice president. This should ensure a balanced approach in the executive branch. People should Also learn to place blame where it belongs. Not everything is within a presidents power or even their scope of focus, there are plenty of others that screw up too and they get a free card because we collectively blame a single figure.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

6. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this whole-heartedly. I think the two-party system needs to go. Years ago, Congress got things accomplished, with bipartisan votes, because people thought for themselves. Now, they took the thinking right out of it and only vote for what the party says they should.
    The ONLY thing Congress agrees on is giving themselves a raise. That should be enough to get every one of them out of office

7. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I for the most part pay no attention to politics 75% of the time. A couple months before each elections I start to pay more attention to what the candidates are saying and read up a little on them so I can make at least a some what informed choice. I usually find myself leaning more Republican but I have also voted Democrat as well.

Voting is a right and to force someone to vote takes awhile that right because in the end its a choice.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think there are many people advocating required voting. Actually, I think a lot people feel the opposite. I for one think of voting as not just a right, but a privilege. I also think that you should have to be a positively contributing citizen to vote. That means, someone who pays more in taxes than they receive back on their tax return. I don't think it's unrealistic to only allow those who contribute to the welfare of the country to be involved in making decision that impact the country. I know that goes against the "everyone's a winner" mentality that is so rampant these days, but I had about as much of the PC crap as I can handle.

I am however, advocating that people should put a little more effort into knowing what their government is doing than what happened on some reality show last night.