crossbow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by nhbowhunt, Feb 2, 2016.

1. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    last fall I tore my rotator cuff and bicep had surgery in dec doctor all ready told me I will not be shooting a bow any more. in nh if you can not shoot a bow you can use a crossbow what kind of broadhead is best for turkey. I can not shoot my shotgun til june after turkey season. so I am getting a crossbow I will use it for turkey and deer thanks for any help

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not sure how bad your tear was but every one that I talked to that had surgery was able to shoot a bow again after the healing process. I tore my rotator over 50% last spring and haven't had surgery yet and after 7 months I was able to shoot my bow again. Good luck and if the cross bow will work best for you I say have at it and good luck with those turkeys.

3. DeepSouthDad

DeepSouthDad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Parker and couldn't be more pleased with it. There are plenty of good ones out there don't get all caught up in the speed hype, find one that low profile feels natural in the hand and light.

4. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    90 on cuff 100 on bicep it only can be repaired once if I do it one more time my arm is not going to be good

5. mshm99

mshm99 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ch

Tore mine too about ten years ago. Re- habbed it to the point I could draw a much lighter bow, but over time that became more difficult. I'm old enough that I can legally use a X bow and I was at the point where it was time for a new bow so I got a Xbow. I believe the reverse draw Xbow is superior to the conventional bows, so that's what I bought. They balance better,have a longer power stroke and are generally quieter . I got a Barnett. Other companies make them . They are all good. I'm very pleased with mine.

Mike

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Turn down the red!!!

[​IMG]

7. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMO, any broadhead will kill a turkey but they actually have turkey specific brodheads called Tom Busters. They look like a big windmill, looks so cool haha. Check em out.

8. oldguy54

oldguy54 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if you saw earlier post on Turkey hunting broadheads so I'll repeat. I'm sure you've seen some of the Season 8 Video's. Common problem with turkey is pass throughs with the arrow going god only knows where. My favourite trick? I use an old 3 blade deer broadhead. Remove the hypotenuse sides on the blades and grind/shapen the cut edge of the remaining uprights. Lethal for turkey and grouse with no pass throughs.