Flint Michigan, Highest per capita city in America to dead in 60 years

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Curious on what progressive politics Flint enacted? I am trying to recall all what went down there. I know when and why Buick City closed, that was just stupidity on Union's part.

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Magnet schools with forced busing for one. I can't think of anything that contributes to white flight faster; once that happens property values and tax bases plummet; and the whole thing goes down the tube. I was subjected to forced busing, and I can tell you the "school" I was forced to go to affected me for years.

We left Flint in 85 to escape the magnet schools and flood of crime and trash. My parents chose a 90 minute daily commute to live in an area with safe streets and decent schools, and I thank God they did. We left the area for good in 87 when the truck plant closed and moved to Ft Wayne, IN.

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now this is where it gets ugly, this was Jan 2015 and the State is providing water for their employees. Worst is the City of Flint stating the water is bad, but go ahead and have a glass.

4. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I worked in the nuclear cleanup sites in the 70s and 80s you don't think they Moved cities over waste or water contamination?

This is part of the whole country's infrastructure and water supply issues from the 1890s and is it only in flint.