*** Official Broadhead Brothers -Team 19 Thread ***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by MnHunterr, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Eatonantlers

Eatonantlers Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings Gents!
    Good Buddy and I headed to Southern Ohio for 3 days of shotgun hunting. To say it was an EPIC trip would be an understatement, memories to last a life time!
    Sorry this buck won't count for us but thought I'd share the picture anyway.
    Ohio 2015 Chad and I.jpg

Thank you for all of the condolence on the passing of my Father, much appreciated.

2. Eatonantlers

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping to get out with my bow a couple more times before the end of our season here in Michigan (1/1). It's been unseasonably warm here but there's still deer being killed here and there.
    A couple of my spots can still use some antlerless management so if the opportunity affords itself, I'll punch a tag or 2 on baldies. The 2 buck tags I'm holding can be used on antlerless if killed with archery, no sense in buying more antlerless tags this late in the game, with that option available.

T

3. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Bucks!! Making memories is what it is all about! Congrats to all!

4. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here...70's all week. Haven't hunted in a couple weeks. Got to first of January as well. Finally some cold weather moving in this weekend and the only time I can hunt is Saturday morning which sucks but we will giver it a shot

5. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well tonight is my Hail Mary guys. Been a rough year hunting wise for myself. Hit a good one high in early November and watched him walk away. He survived as it wasn't close to a lethal hit. Other than that though it has been slow with all this weird weather we have had. Will take anything that graces me with their pleasure this evening as I am now trying to just fill the freezer. As my buddy always tells me it's always a great season if you are able to look back and enjoy the time you had in the stand.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  6. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Finally gonna get back out in the stand thursday! Think I made it out once in the month of december. Rut is in full swing on one of our properties and fixing to kick off on another.

7. Eatonantlers

Dislikes Received:
    Gentlemen our season here in Michigan concluded at sundown on 1/1. Although I did not kill a buck in Michigan with my bow, I did kill one with my shotgun in Ohio.
    I was able to take 4 does from my neighborhood, 3 with bow and 1 with my shotgun. The last 2 does I took 5 minutes apart with my bow on Dec. 18th and use my remaining buck tags to tag them. These deer went to good use and to people that could really use the meat including a good friend with an autistic son who can only eat venison for red meat.
    With a nice bull elk and 5 deer this fall, I certainly can't be disappointed in my seasons. Still getting some pics of decent bucks that ran the gauntlet and won, so I have a promising fall 2016 to look forward to.

Good luck to those of you that are still after'um!

T

8. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody still hunting besides me? I shot another doe last night with my rifle. Headed out this weekend to one of my secret spots on another property where the rut is in full swing. Got my blind set up about 20 yds away from where 5 trails converge to one at a river crossing. Got some great bucks on camera moving through there so hoping to get it done with the bow this weekend!

9. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I shot this doe on the 8th. Doesn't count because I already have 2 deer submitted for the contest. It was great to accomplish all 3 goals for this season again.

10. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Season is winding down for many and the contest is almost complete.

Just wanted to say that I had a great time in this years contest getting to know you guys and competing, it was a fun year! If you guys ever need anything, you have my number!

Thanks for the great year.

11. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree....Although we are not gonna win it is the first year where our team actually put up decent numbers. I have done it 4-5 years now so hopefully it gets better and better. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I am shifting to pigs now so hopefully we'll have some bacon soon!

12. Eatonantlers

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats my bowhunting brethren!
    We made a decent run at it.

T