Drudge Poll - President 2016

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Spear, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Tandin93

Tandin93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would really like to see him pick Newt Gingrich as VP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That would be interesting. Not sure I like the idea of a rebirth of the Contract with America with Trump involved, you don't come out on the winning side if you enter into a contract with Donald.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't report cash, you are also not paying into the local schools, fire department, police, first responders, and a host of other amenities that you likely use, or may have a need to at some time. How is that any different than those that don't work?

4. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. It's the only way that I can see that everyone pays taxes, and virtually eliminates the bloated IRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trump may be the only candidate that actually stands a chance of getting congress to work together. Against him, but at least they would be together.

6. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  7. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Come on guys, Bernie is going to give us all new bows and 30 extra vacation days to hunt! He promises!

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all for everyone paying their fair share of taxes, where my issues lie is with how our government continues to spend more and more and more, knowing they will just take more and more and more from the working class. It's time that the Government is put on a diet of nothing but Kelp chips instead of the all you can eat Chinese buffet they have been feasting on for the last couple decades.

9. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Until Government is required to leave the "base line budgeting" that they do now........ nothing will change.

(baseline budgeting is : if your budget was $100 this year with a 4% increase then next year you have $104 to spend. The next year it will be 4% on $104. NEVER stopping to justify the $100 baseline from years ago.)

With that said, I want to be part of the 1% that has accountants employed full time to carefully make sure that they do not have to spend any more money than they can get away with on taxes. I am glad to work 50, 60 and even 70 hours a week but I hate the thought of donating to my neighbors well being, when they "can't work" because of their disabilities and yet every year I have to throw them out of my tree stands and off my posted property. Or get called to help them out with a little extra fuel oil on Christmas because they don't have any money to put oil in their tank to keep their children warm or face them as a school board member when they come in and make excuses for why we shouldn't expel their perfect child even though she just put another kid in the hospital. Yes I do have a bad attitude towards those that "WON'T" work. If you have problems, I'll be glad to help you out but don't sit inside your house while I'm laying on my back under your trailer with a torch trying to thaw out your pipes and have the gall to come out and ask me to hurry up since it is getting cold inside! Only to find out that the fuel line isn't frozen...... they just spent their fuel money at the bar the night before! Sorry for the rant but I'm the first to help out the truly needy but I don't need the Government to take my hard earned money away from my hard working hands to give it to my needy neighbor so he can have a newer smart phone than me, just to make sure that he can have an opportunity to find work!

Sorry. I am breathing slowly now.

10. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    On top of that you add in the spend it or lose it mentality they have. Oh we have money left over we didn't spend, we better go on a shopping spree for things we don't need because if we don't spend that money it is gone and we might get less next budget.

So not only are they wasting money, they are getting a % increase on that wasted money.

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trump may have just started his decline by boycotting the debate. I think it shows more of a childish tantrum than standing up for himself.

His could get ugly, can't imagine what would happen if you had Sanders against Cruz with Bloomberg and Trump both independents.

What a fiasco this election is turning out to be

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trump doesn't need the media, the media feeds off him they need him more than he needs them, sick of the media thinking they are kingmakers.

13. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Instead of doing the debate, he's doing a fund raiser for veterans, specifically disabled veterans. I don't think skipping the debate is going to be a problem, he's tapping into voters who may have previously had reservations about him.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hadn't heard that yet, that definitely won't hurt his cause at all.