***Button Buck Bandits - Team 25***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well now that Deer season, The Holidays and the ATA show are done, I finally feel like I'm getting my feet back under me. Unfortunately no points on the board for me this year, but I got a lot of great intel for next season. Plus we just had a bunch of logging done nearby and it's going to make for some fantastic hunting for the next 4-6 years!

I'm already setting cams and scouting trees for next year.

I'll be going through the scorecard later this week to check on entries, but the scores won't be posted until the end of the contest. I'll let any of you know if there are issues with your entries.

Now I'm just trying to keep warm now that winter has finally arrived up here. We haven't been above 0 for 4 or 5 days :tu:

2. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not as exciting as a kill for the year but did come up with another shed this morning. Pics showed him as last one holding. Pretty pumped cause he was the little drop tine buck. Not the drop side unfortunately, but this side was sweet too. Nice character and looks like he broke a tine off in velvet. Definitely looking forward to what he'll be next year. Hopefully can get out and find his other side. Doubtful but always a chance. Makes a great consolation for the year and think I got my partner hooked for sure
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice shed we found this for next year I will have to shoot a crossbow doc said no more bow for me
    EK000002.jpg

4. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck, he's already nice and should be sweet next year. Sorry to hear about the shoulder changing things, but glad that's an option to keep you out there. Hope it's doing better for day to day use too.
    One spot I got a new guy too. Only one time through. I'm hoping to spend some time with some cams around there to see if I can locate him next year.
    [​IMG]
    My two trophy cams that crapped out were replaced with the new aggressor so we'll see how those go for next year. I'm saving putting them out til summer just to hope they last longer. Some have great luck with Bushnell and I've had nothing but crap. Best a camera lasted was 9 months about. They have done well with replacing but with how often it's been that's been a chunk of change.

5. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Figured out that shed was what I referred to as the drop side. Taking a better look and it was a broken tine in velvet and not a real drop. Still cool looking . Musta done some good damage early growing it. And looking at the shape of it matches up. But this morning and a short walk and now I have the other side. Pretty pumped for a set and being that one. Something pretty sweet to hang on the wall for the year.
    [​IMG]
    Haven't had any other pics with antlers for a while so I'm guessing that was it. Got a few spots to look when snow melts but even if I find nothing I'm happy with this for sure. Sheds definitely make a great obsession along with hunting