Public land

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BUCK RUSH, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BUCK RUSH

BUCK RUSH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    IM 13 and want to get a start on my whitetail slam I was thinking Wisconsin and Missouri any good public land around Sheboygan WI would be great(lived in Elkhart Lake WI in Sheboygan county for 12years and still want to see friends) and Missouri any where just to get half a slam if all works out but if it doesn't that's why its called hunting.

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Great to start out young with lofty goals.

3. Jhauschultz

Jhauschultz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Best thing to do is look into the national forests... And you can go to the city haul and get a plat book I think there about $30 and it will tell you who owns what land contact info and if its private or public.... Good luck kido I just started not to long ago and it can seem hopeless and very over whelming at times but perseverance and patience will get ya into the whitetail woods

Sent from my USCC-E6762 using Tapatalk

4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are a lot of Conservation areas in Missouri that are bow only.
    Go to MDC.com for a list.
    Good luck!

5. BGIHunt

BGIHunt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The following link would be a great place to start. Without giving you a full seminar it is the DNR map of Wisconsin forest crop land, which will allow you to look into different areas of privately owned land which can be used for recreation purposes. Be sure to read through all laws before hunting on these parcels, know where you are at all times, and as always NO trespassing.

http://dnrmaps.wi.gov/opfl/

6. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the towns online webpage, then went to the assessor's page. Now a days they have link that takes you to an interactive MAP that shows all the property lines in the town and who owns what and the size of the land. You can then overlay other geographic items onto the page such as wetlands, topology graphs etc.. This is all free information, you shouldn't have to pay for anything.