Bear Archery

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by deerhunter2381, Nov 2, 2014.

1. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the Encounter three years ago and love it. I'll replace the string this spring. If and when I upgrade, Bear will be at the top of my list.

2. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak to the Method or Motive but my son has an Outbreak which is the predecessor of the Cruzer. The only thing that changed was the grip and the price tag.

You're right about the back wall. It's mush. I always assumed that it was due to the module being super adjustable.

3. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can only speak of my Bear Venue and an older Bear TRX 400 to used to have. The TRX had a solid back wall, very little vibration, and was pretty quiet.

I love my Venue. Solid back wall, a decent valley, dead in the hand and it super quiet! I absolutely enjoy shooting this bow! My only complaint is being I am a short draw length (25.5"), it us real bad for serving seperating where the cable passes over the DL module because it is an extreme curve at that short of a DL. If you had a longer DL, there wouldn't be any issues there.

Forgot I had a Truth 2 ultralight for a little while too. Great shooting bow but it had little vibration but it wasn't bad. Sold it to a friend and she loves it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  4. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would whole heartedly Disagree with that statment. just over a year ago i bought a bear authority. within a couple months i had a limb snap on me. Took over a month to get the parts. They wouldnt replace the idler wheel that was damaged when the defective limb broke. then when i finally got it home. they had sent the wrong limbs, and installed 50-60 instead of the 60-70. there was so many issues i had with all that. i wouldnt even take a bear if someone tried to give it to me for free. i called them and told them what BS it was. they offered to replace the whole bow for a bow of equal value( that was the only positive thing that happend. but it is a plus). but i told them dont bother i dont ever want another bear product in my hands, and i would be giving my bear authority to my wife.
    Also a few months later a good friend of mine had a similar issue. I would just steer clear of bear.

5. Sirwill

Sirwill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This season I bought a 2014 Bear Effect and I LOVE this bow!!! I would put it up against almost any high dollar compound... Light, fast and quiet as a mouse... Nuff said

6. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wouldnt the effect still be considered a "High Dollar Bow" when it was new? yea mathews has 2k bows, but I consider high dollar after 1k. My Boss was only $200 more than the effect new.

7. Sirwill

Sirwill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You are right. The Bear Effect is a high dollar bow. I believe it cost around $650 new in 2014. I bought mine off a private owner who never put an arrow through it. The bow still had all the original stickers on it, and was never even registered through Bear for the warranty. I paid $350 cash for it and LOVE this thing! I know people who pay more for that for sights...

8. gcarter055

gcarter055 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am using Bear Archery Arena 30 Compound 70# Realtree Xtra Camo Bow. It works great. It is worth every penny.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016