Fluid Head

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by mottoman112, Jan 11, 2016.

1. mottoman112

mottoman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone. So I know that every one is saying how important it is to get a fluid head for self filming. I was just wondering if any one has any recommendations. I know that a lot of people are recommending manfroto head but I can afford to buy those. I am only 14. So I am looking at this one. Let me know if anyone has used this one and what you guys think! Thanks!

One I am looking at... Amazon.com : Velbon PH-368 Vel-Flo 9 Mini-Pro, 2-Way Panhead with Quick Release, Supports 10 lbs. : Tripod Heads : Camera & Photo

It also had good reviews!

2. JackedUp!

JackedUp! Newb

Dislikes Received:
  3. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check this one out. Amazon.com : Vanguard PH-111V Magnesium Tripod Video Head : Vanguard Fluid Head : Camera & Photo

I use a manfroto head right now but have used this one in the past. You get what you pay for but its not to bad of a head. The only problem I had with it is that over a long time (a few years) it seemed to get harder to move especially when it was cold. I think that is just it being a cheaper head. Having a good fluid head, IMO, is one of the most important components to getting good video. I have used many cheap crappy tripods and put my good fluid head on and they work just fine. So if you can save up a little it will be worth your money in the end to get a little better head. I hope this helps a little and if you have any more questions shoot me a message. I am only 21 years old and basically a broke college kid so I feel where you are coming from lol

4. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    First of all, I suggest you buy what you can afford. As far as non-fluid heads go, I've learned the hard way in the past of trying to film without a fluid head, and it was a terrible experience. As far as fluid heads go, I've only used Manfrotto, so I don't know what other kind would be a good choice, but keep doing some research to find yourself a fluid head. Even if it takes you a little longer to save up for one, it will be worth it in the long run. Again, it doesn't have to be a Manfrotto, but I would invest in some sort of Fluid head. Good luck in your search.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016