Kansas Buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Wingtipsdown, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone. I feel blessed to have walked back into this sport literally 14 months ago and to have harvested 3 bucks in that time.
    I shot the bully buck, late 2014. He was a buck that I had to go ahead and take with a bow. He was in between gun and muzzle loader- but he pushed all the other bucks off the farm. I shot him hoping that some of the other bucks would get back onto the farm and not get shot during muzzle loader. It worked. I then purchased a new bow in January 2015. I picked a big 9 in 2015 but in last light I counted 9 tines when the buck stepped in, shot it and the big 9 was still back about 50 yrds. I should have done more than count tines, but that is the way bow hunting goes. I harvested this buck in kansas , late December with my very best friend from childhood and I just couldn't be happier. I know what I want to work on and have almost adjusted myself to where I want to be. Picture a young 14 yr old shooting a whitetail hunter 2 finger tab starting out over 35 years ago, that was me. I sat my bow down for many years knowing that I would pick it back up. Todays technology is unreal. It has been difficult and fun teaching this old dog new tricks. This is a great site and you can learn anything about this sport from good people here.
    Take care -Tony

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. jworason

jworason Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Very Nice buck! Congrats!

3. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats an awesome deer, congrats

4. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran